when electric cars collide

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
there's a 5MB video on the web that shows WHY EVs aren't 'safe'...
I don't think I can post the .mov file though.

If you find a good link please post !!!

it's a HUGE eye opener !!!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
if you are able to view the video on the web, can’t you just copy the link and post the link? I’m sure there’s a reason why you can’t. Just showing my ignorance.🙂

Here’s a couple related links…hopefully they will work,

Edit: second link I tried to post did not work…

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There is a video which purports to be a crash of electric vehicles resulting in a horrific fire…but the fire is actually due to some gas canisters …as it’s actually a misrepresentation of a hydrogen-fueled auto.

There are numerous links which discuss the weight of electric vehicles (which are much heavier than their gasoline counterparts) which plow through guardrails and retaining-walls which are designed for lighter gasoline cars.

VinFast (Vietnamese automaker) is looking into a California accident in which auto-steering may have misbehaved resulting in an accident killing the occupants.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Full EV’s (not hybrids) are an absolute disaster in high speed crashes significant enough to involve any damage to the battery. If enough of them ever make it to the road, that can’t be hidden. For now, it’s still not widely acknowledged and probably won’t be unless and until there are enough deaths, environmental damage, fires that have to burn out while fire department just keeps fire from spreading, repair costs that make insurance even less affordable than it is currently, etc. to be undeniable. There are myriad problems with EVs that are only exacerbated by forcing them out rather than allowing them to compete in the auto market.

EV’s in a low speed application, particularly an application more controlled than a public road, (such as a forklift in a factory) are a totally different issue.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Reactions: 1 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just saw on the local news in Naples Maine a tesla driving fast veered into a tree and basically exploded sending pieces of burning battery into the surrounding area. What was left of the car was a burned out shell. Apparently firefighter fought to put out the fire for some time.
Something else I saw last week on nightly new was the AAA guy in a interview saying as the temps rose he watched on his phone the car losing 30% of its charge. He of course paid money to charge the car. Another senaro is if your gas tank had a hole losing 30% of the gas a day that you paid $4. a gallon for.
Nuts. Electric loses there charge in cold weather and now lose there charge in hot weather. So the Electric benefits are what ??

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
follow the money !!
EV mfrs make lots of money
electric companies make even more money
Guv makes oodles of money (think of the TAXES they collect !! ) AND do NOTHING to 'make' it !!!!

Reactions: 1 user