Well… Heck and a half, make that double heck. A follow. up…

wave-rider

Equipment
None yet…
Sep 9, 2024
California Central Coast
Follow up to my first tractor: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/my-first-tractor.70850/

Made a visit to my local Kubota dealer again, found out they do not do "harvest returns," thanks for the thought Tarmy. The salesman said harvest returns (wherever available) would probably be a much larger machine than I need.

On my first visit, I had done mostly a walk around of a BX and a B2301. Since I had interest in a LX2602SU, I asked about one of those, the salesman said they rarely carried that model. Some of his clients also had properties in the Sierras, so they could use the mid PTO for snow blowing. He also indicated that the tilt steering wheel was very helpful in getting on and off the tractor. He didn't have any open cab LXs for me to try but did have a cab model I was welcome to try out for size. Then, he had to split for a meeting but gave me his email address so I could make my needs known and he would send me a quote.

Although I had visited the dealership once before, I had never actually sat on a tractor. The LX has a lovely cab, but I struggled mightily to get into it. I am still over six feet (used to be 6'2") and in my 230s pound wise (down from the 260s), but it was my size 15 (49 Euro) feet that I could barely get into the machine. Heck*2! And with the seat pushed all the way back, my knees were still touching the dash. Seems tilt steering wheel is mandatory for me.

I got on a L2502, it had marginally more foot room. Might be an option depending on pricing. And since the B2601 has the same operator station as the LX, I might consider going smaller too.

The salesman and I talked mowers briefly. I asked about flail mowers, he carries Gearmore products. He said he had a number of clients who traded in their rotary brush cutters for a flail, but never the reverse. I'm thinking about that too.

This situation reminds me of my young man visual infatuation with the VW Kharman Ghia. Such lovely curves, I wanted one so much. Until I sat in one and realized how narrow the footwell was. Not enough room for the pedals and my feet.

Sigh. Thanks for listening.

Reactions: 1 user

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I had the same experience with the LX2620 cab. It was extremely hard for me to get in and out of. That giant fwd / Rev pedal was very uncomfortable. I'm a little smaller then you and only size 12s.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
L2502 is a good machine, and a bit bigger. Pick the machine you're comfortable with. Don't be shy to look at other brands too, the Kiotis seem popular and different models have quite different operator stations. What you're looking for may be in their range.

Reactions: 1 users