Water In Oil

dwhiteboy67

Equipment
L185
Aug 7, 2009
bay minette, Al US
I was watching the video Oil in Coolant and I have just the opposite, Coolant in my oil and no sign's of any oil in coolant. Once I found this was happening I changed my oil and ran my tractor for a few minutes, maybe 10 at the most, and a couple days latter I found once again 75% of my coolant in my oil. My tractor is the L185 17 hp . Can you give me any ideas on what too do and what may be my problem.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
If you are lucky, you just have a bad head gasket, not a big project. If you are not so lucky, one of your cooling channels is cracked and leaking into your crank case. Let us know what you find out.

dwhiteboy67

Equipment
L185
Aug 7, 2009
bay minette, Al US
Thanks for the reply: Before I break into anything I would like to figure out the most common reason for this too happen. Looking at the video it appeared too be a freeze plug in front of the motor behind the gear housing, it takes maybe less than 1/2 an hour I'm guessing before the water is in my oil and that's after 10 minutes of running time and sitting afterwords. That makes me believe its a larger leakage than a small crack being the running time has not allowed the engine too warm up much for the water to gain much pressure at all. I'm still trying too decide, Just my thought.
Thaks for any ideas that might help me decide where too look.

dwhiteboy67

Equipment
L185
Aug 7, 2009
bay minette, Al US
Come on guys I've waited three weeks for help too this problem, and its not an easy thing for me too just start pulling parts down. I believe that if water is getting into my oil and not into my radiator that tells me it can only be pinpointed too a certain area. From what I've learned in my past working on motors a head gasket blown causes either both of them too mix or oil in the water, I just don't know this engine cause I don't know the flow of the cooling system in the head or block. Could this be a simple freeze plug in front of the motor causing the problem? From looking at the video water in oil I don't understand how this would happen due to the fact that there is no place for the two to mix and return too the radiator with that mixture, Only water in oil would be the answer If I'm understanding this right. How can oil be transferred too the radiator when there is not a circular flow between the two? I'm really confused.