V1505 Tier 4 Fuel Pump Reformer Question

Boss-driller

Equipment
Kubota v1505
Jul 17, 2024
Omaha
I can’t seem to find much information on the fuel reformer on a 2015 V1505 tier 4. Problem is the reformer got hit with the hood of the machine to many times I’m assuming and it ripped the wires and I can’t get it to do anything at all and not exactly sure if that’s been our issue for the past few weeks as the machine has been hard to start and once started if you didn’t idle up right away it would die right away but once idled up ran fine tell couple weeks ago and I’m currently still trying to diagnose everything but is that part required or is there a way to get rid of it at all? I have another machine with same motor but probably 10 years older at least and that one I’ve never had to many issues with. The newer one is deleted and the insulator installed. I did find a lot of water in the fuel filters and the water separator had some rust in there so I tore it down and found water under the head so I replaced the head gasket and adjusted the valves while I was there but before I do much more I figured I better find out if that reformer is needed as that’s not the easiest part to find and kinda pricey. If it must be used do they have a cheaper aftermarket one by chance? Sorry for the long post just trying to put as much info as I possibly can. I’m definitely no mechanic but I’m pretty good at working on most of my equipment and trucks but this one has me kinda confused as I really don’t see many of these motors with that option and I haven’t found a lot of information on this part. I e attached a picture of the part and hopefully I have the correct name for this at least.

Attachments