v1505 fuel stop solenoid questions

KnowClew

Equipment
Bobcat s100 w/ kubota v1505
Aug 1, 2024
Oregon
I am trying to get a skid steer started that has been sitting for five years. I don’t have much experience but ya gotta learn sometime. I have been trying to go over the fuel system since it turns over but doesn’t seem to be getting fuel. I drained the tank as good as I could added fresh diesel changed the fuel/ water separating filter. Made sure the lift pump was working. Bled the filter. Still couldn’t get the system to bleed up top. Made me wonder if the injection pump was getting fuel. So I took out the fuel stop solenoid to check that it was working. It is working and now I want to reinstall it but it seems to have some sort of sealant that was under it. I don’t think it was a gasket. It seems like something similar silicone. It was just a trace amount but I want to put it back correctly. Also wondering if I should just put a new one in since I already have it out. Sorry for the silly question. Sometimes these simple things are the hardest to find answers for. This solenoid is in the block on the side of the injection pump. Not the best photo
IMG_4904.jpeg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use simple RTV to seal it.
And no need to replace it if it's working.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Do you hear it "Click" when you turn the key on to run? That's what I hear with my B3200 with the V1505 engine, NO smog junk.