Used Kubota B without loader or control lever, can I add later?

bennynihon

Jun 28, 2024
WA
Hi. I'm about to buy a used Kubota B2320 without a loader. It appears as though it was never equipped with a FEL, as I don't see the loader control lever in the photos either. Is it as simple as buying an LA304 (the loader for the B2320), or do I need some loader control valve kit? Is there something OEM that I can add to where the control lever would normally go for the loader? I'd rather not use some third-function kit. Thank you!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi. I'm about to buy a used Kubota B2320 without a loader. It appears as though it was never equipped with a FEL, as I don't see the loader control lever in the photos either. Is it as simple as buying an LA304 (the loader for the B2320), or do I need some loader control valve kit? Is there something OEM that I can add to where the control lever would normally go for the loader? I'd rather not use some third-function kit. Thank you!
The most COST EFFECTIVE way to buy ANY tractor with a loader, is to buy that tractor ALREADY EQUIPPED with the appropriate loader.
I would recommend NOT buying that tractor, without loader!

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Fried is correct. If you want a used tractor with loader, buy a used tractor with loader. Adding a loader later is difficult and expensive; almost always more expensive than buying with loader already on it.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep like both have said, if you want a loader tractor buy a tractor with a loader.
Trying to find a loader for an older tractor is always very hard to do.
And getting an OEM loader valve for the tractor is even harder.

MaineSpring

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7500HSD, RCK60-24 MMM, B2320 w/ LA304
If you want a used tractor with loader, buy a used tractor with loader. Adding a loader later is difficult and expensive; almost always more expensive than buying with loader already on it.
I'll second this. I bought my first machine thinking, like you @bennynihon , that I could add a loader later. Boy was I wrong.

With that said, I do have a B2320 (380hrs) that has a smoked HST that I'm not sure what to do with; rebuild or part out. I bought it thinking it would be an easy fix and then I'd have a nearly new machine with a loader. Wrong again. HSTs are not an easy fix.

PM me if you're interested in the entire LA304 loader, subframe, and valving. Shipping that far is pretty expensive, though. And I can't guarantee it's the right one for the machine you're considering.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
I'll second this. I bought my first machine thinking, like you @bennynihon , that I could add a loader later. Boy was I wrong.

With that said, I do have a B2320 (380hrs) that has a smoked HST that I'm not sure what to do with; rebuild or part out. I bought it thinking it would be an easy fix and then I'd have a nearly new machine with a loader. Wrong again. HSTs are not an easy fix.

PM me if you're interested in the entire LA304 loader, subframe, and valving. Shipping that far is pretty expensive, though. And I can't guarantee it's the right one for the machine you're considering.
Honestly, HST are easy to fix !, what they are not ?.IS CHEAP !. up until my purchase of my b2100 hst, i've never owned..let alone worked on a tractor in all my life. soo..what better time than to dig in ?..lol. split it, rip it apart, replace with new parts, put back together, easy right ?..nope !..it takes time..lots of time, spec when you are working alone !. i did it, runs great.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
OP, DO NOT BUY A TRACTOR WITHOUT A LOADER ALREADY ON IT !. been there, done that, just the other day, i finally was able to buy another tractor that had a loader on it, to install on my b2100. took a bit to locate the loader ?, but it can be done. if you decided to keep your tractor, and buy a loader for it ?..make sure you get everything..mounting brackets, joy stick, bucket. also keep in mind, you may have to get your hands on some fittings to connect the loader to your hydraulics on your tractor.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Unless you just enjoy the challenge all comments made so far say buy the tractor with the loader attached and ready to work, and I agree. Finding a loader to fit an older tractor and getting it hydraulically and structurally connected would be like deciding to build a house when one is still living in their folk's basement!!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am always looking at BX23S tractors for sale, and occasionally, I come across a backhoe for sale that is from a BX23S. The seller usually says something to the effect, I have no use for it and I am tired of storing it. I have considered buying them, but usually, they are asking way more for them than they are worth to me. I can see in a few years those tractors will come up for sale and people will be looking for backhoes to put back onto them, but they will be extremely scarce. I have seen some salvage BX23S tractors online that are missing the backhoes, so I assume that they were "totaled" while the backhoe is off. What I can't understand is why the insurance companies don't ask the owners to provide the backhoe to go with the tractor so the tractor will bring more money as salvage. When my car was totaled, the insurance company had a list of items that had to be included with the car when it was picked up by the salvage company. The spare tire was at the top of the list.

MaineSpring

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7500HSD, RCK60-24 MMM, B2320 w/ LA304
Honestly, HST are easy to fix !, what they are not ?.IS CHEAP !. up until my purchase of my b2100 hst, i've never owned..let alone worked on a tractor in all my life. soo..what better time than to dig in ?..lol. split it, rip it apart, replace with new parts, put back together, easy right ?..nope !..it takes time..lots of time, spec when you are working alone !. i did it, runs great.
This is truly encouraging. Thanks for the insight! I was recently blessed with a WSM by another forum member (you know who you are, thank you!), which also helps tremendously. Did you post a project thread anywhere? I'd dearly love to see other's work in similar situations, just for reference.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
This is truly encouraging. Thanks for the insight! I was recently blessed with a WSM by another forum member (you know who you are, thank you!), which also helps tremendously. Did you post a project thread anywhere? I'd dearly love to see other's work in similar situations, just for reference.
it was here somewhere?, i showed a lot of bad parts, its been a couple yrs or more ?, but its here somewhere ...or was ?..lol.