unable to force Regen on Kubota l3901 w/ backhoe attachment. Engine light on w/p3008 code.

mastertechbrad

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota L3901, BH77 backhoe. LA 525 loader.
May 8, 2024
Elsberry, MO.
Warning beep always beeping. No Regen lamp on. Turn off PTO but engine shuts down when exiting seat. Inspected camshaft position sensor and connector, npf. Any advise? Thinking something to do with backhoe because unable to lower 3 point hitch?

mastertechbrad

Premium Member

Equipment
May 8, 2024
Elsberry, MO.
scope the sensor 🤷‍♂️

kubota codes don’t always correlate with standard auto codes, so not sure if it is cam sensor code. Is it gear drive or hst? Is the backhoe on it or not? Is this one problem or 3 problems?
Thanks for your reply Fordtech86. I am a retired Ford tech myself. It is hst. Code in WSM states= Excessive PM5. Backhoe is on it! Instructions for forcing Regen include lower 3 point hitch. and shuttle lever in neutral? PTO off.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Im not 100% sure on this, but I think a pm5 level requires a forced regen with kubota computer or maybe replacement of the dpf. 3pt should be down anyways with backhoe on, but I don’t know why it would care for parked regen besides safety reasons(and how can you tell if the arms ain’t on it, there is no pressure pushing the 3pt down)

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
my books say on the l3901 if beeping every second and the engine warning light is light constantly (not flashing) you be at warning level 4 which is the L's highest warning level that I know of.

Means engine is de-rated to 50%.

Solution is for an immediate cease use of the tractor as damage to DPF occurs if continued use is acute. Requires Kubota to Diagmaster the tractor and either do a Diagmaster forced regen or a physical DPF clean.

Advised its past the point of self correction unless you have access to Diagmaster which may or may not be able to make a forced regen or you have ability to physically clean your DPF.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
my books say on the l3901 if beeping every second and the engine warning light is light constantly (not flashing) you be at warning level 4 which is the L's highest warning level that I know of.

Means engine is de-rated to 50%.

Solution is for an immediate cease use of the tractor as damage to DPF occurs if continued use is acute. Requires Kubota to Diagmaster the tractor and either do a Diagmaster forced regen or a physical DPF clean.
Oh how I do so wish that my L48 TLB was equipped with DPF!;)

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
IIRC P3008 is excessive pm5 which means dpf soot level 5.

there are 5 levels of soot level (more or less) 1 being very little, 5 being plugged up.

at level 5 it cannot be regenerated. Power is derated so the engine doesn't hurt itself because it's got taters stuffed up it's exhaust pipe (you get the idea).

Only "fix" is to remove the DPF and have it baked out-if it can be. afterwards, the ecu needs to have a few things reset in it, which a dealer can do.

kubota codes don't mean the same things as automotive and sometimes different manufacturers of cars/trucks don't mean the same thing. And sometimes a code has a really weird root cause. Like misfire codes on Polaris stuff. Often caused by a drive belt.

mastertechbrad

Premium Member

Equipment
May 8, 2024
Elsberry, MO.
Thank you all for the Information. sounds like A trip to the dealer is needed. Glad its the naibors tractor! LOL.