trash bin carriers

kubotasaurus

Equipment
B2601
Jun 24, 2023
Indiana
I've been thinking of an easy way to carry my bins down the long driveway when the weather is inclement. This is what I eventually came up with. I built them out of scrap treated lumber I had laying around. I wish I had a welding skills and a welder to make it out of steel. It could be much smaller and probably lighter.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
As a fellow woodworker - I understand your logic!

If it work and works well - sounds like a perfect solution!

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks good, and they work. Made of steel wouldn't make much difference in weight, but if your serious about learning to weld check your local HS or Jr. College for classes. That's all you need, some basic knowledge and time to practice!!

Reactions: 3 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thats an outstanding idea!

Nice job too.

I might make one just to see the look on my wife's face when I break out the tractor for our 35 foot driveway :p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
The top hook on my 3 point QD hitch works perfect for hauling the trash can out to the roadway.

Reactions: 3 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Nice woodworking skills and useful attachment. Making chores easier worthwhile.

Reactions: 1 user

kubotasaurus

Equipment
B2601
Jun 24, 2023
Indiana
The top hook on my 3 point QD hitch works perfect for hauling the trash can out to the roadway.
My quick hitch is actually perfect for connecting to the metal pipes on the cans. I can hook one on each side. If I'm very careful, I can lift the front of the can up and keep the wheels on the ground and tow them to the end of the driveway. I don't think that will work well in snow though - which is really my goal. I was originally going to make something to hold the cans upright when I lifted the 3-point all the way up. I figured this out first, though.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Outstanding,,, I will be looking in the wood pile in the garage tomorrow

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I've been thinking of an easy way to carry my bins down the long driveway when the weather is inclement. This is what I eventually came up with. I built them out of scrap treated lumber I had laying around. I wish I had a welding skills and a welder to make it out of steel. It could be much smaller and probably lighter.
Nice solution to the problem!

BK (Before Kubota), I took the plastic wheels off my trash can and replaced them with 12" diameter pneumatic wheels. It made the cans much easier to drag down my 150 foot gravel driveway. Even after we paved the driveway, I left those wheels on the can. They make dragging it around a lot easier.

I may make a rig like yours - just to have it. Kinda overkill, though. The level, paved, 150 foot trip to the road really isn't enough to justify using the tractor.

D Squirrel

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Bx23s with 60" mmm and fork attachment
Aug 6, 2023
Illinois
Nice. I like the idea.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I found these products a while back.. Well made..

https://r2manufacturing.com/products/trash-tamer
I’d have to remove my pallet forks …to install the bucket…to install the trash-tamer…..

I keep our trash bin at the front security gate of the ranch…and when the small trash cans at the house have full bags….next time or whenever I head to town…... I grab the full bag and drop them off at the bin on the way.
At other times, I use the RTV to make a special trip to the trash-bin the night before trash pick-up day.

But I live at the end of a private dirt road 1/4 mile from anyone’s view... and my house is another half-mile from that security-gate….(and I don’t want the garbage-truck driving past my security-gate to my house.)
It may not be acceptable to other forum-participants to leave their trash-bins out at the front-gate/end-of-driveway for neighbors to look at 24/7.

Some good ideas in this thread.

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
Fantastic use of lumber! Don't need to exit the seat to pick or drop. That's the way I like to do things.

I built this out of some old t-posts. It's probably the ugliest thing on this tractor, but it works. This is the first thing I welded in almost 20 years.

Attachments

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
LX2610 here. I just back my container into the bucket, wrap a 1" strap around it to the hooks on the top of the bucket, and head down my 1300' driveway. Works well. Just have to drive a little cautiously, especially if the container is loaded top heavy.