Tool box mount

hoffmtc

Equipment
MX5200
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
Wanted a more functional tool box on my MX. I went with heavy plastic vs metal. Won't rust, waterproof, won't dent. Very handy lift out shelf. Plano has made this same box for a very long time, would be easy to replace if needed.

Made a bottom plate and then an interior form to really stiffen up the sides. Make sure you mount it so the lid will stay up when the seat is all the way back.

Can fit a nice array of tooling and pins/clips in this size box.

Attachments

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Wanted a more functional tool box on my MX. I went with heavy plastic vs metal. Won't rust, waterproof, won't dent. Very handy lift out shelf. Plano has made this same box for a very long time, would be easy to replace if needed.

Made a bottom plate and then an interior form to really stiffen up the sides. Make sure you mount it so the lid will stay up when the seat is all the way back.

Can fit a nice array of tooling and pins/clips in this size box.
I did exactly the same with an old steel toolbox that I had. I likewise stiffened the bottom with a plate of steel. Also I make a bracket to move the SMV sign further back and then mounted an ammunition box in front of it beside the toolbox. I use that box like a glovebox to store things when I’m using the machine.

IMG_0478.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

hoffmtc

Equipment
MX5200
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
...I did also reform the top link holder so that it works with the box in place. One downside is that this can limit your view from the driver's seat looking down at your 3pt arms.

Reactions: 1 user