Tiller for BX2680

TRUCK3

May 5, 2022
Upstate NY
I'm in the market for a rotary tiller for my BX2680. I've read a number of other threads and various reviews. I thought I would post a thread and get any up to date recommendations. I'm open to used, but prepared to buy new. For new, my local options are LandPride, Ironcraft, and KingKutter

I did add 1.5" rear wheel spacers last year. That puts the rear outside track at right about 48". With the extra width, I'm not sure if I want to go with a 48" with no offset like the KingKutter 48" XB. I could go with a 54" XB, not sure if that's a good idea with the extra width and it comes in at 500 lbs.

I'm not sure if the IronCraft UL-48 can offset. My local dealer is 30 miles, so I haven't gone out yet to check one out. Photos seems to show it might offset? Cost for the Ironcraft and KK are about the same.

Local Kubota dealer does have the RTA1250 Landprides in stock which offset 7" . The RTA1250 is probably about $500-700 more than the KK or Ironcraft.

I was thinking I might want a reverse rotation tiller, but these seem hard to come by - used or new. So it will probably be a forward rotation unless I can find a used one in decent shape.

If anyone has a BX with wheel spacers and have gone through buying a tiller, any feedback you can offer would be great. And any feedback/experience on these three brands as well. Thanks in advance.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
i do not know anything about the bx models ?, but what i do know is, i purchased a titan 4ft , gear drive, forward rotation for my b2100, 4wd, hydro a couple yrs back. i went with the forward, gear drive..as chain drive , from my research just does not seem to hold up?. as for the forward rotation, with my b2100 being a hydro, right at about 22hp, 16-17hp at pto, i did not want to strain the hydro..or the rear pto. as it is..my tractor is border line with this 700+ lb tiller..lol. sooo..with all that said..i'm very happy with my purchase, plus..it only cost me about 1700+ taxes OTD for this tiller.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Random thoughts , as I have a 5' tiller on my D-14, offset to cover right tire.

As long as ground has been plowed, any tiler will rework the soil

When tilling, the entire left tire tread is not tilled, so two options,
one, backup and use it as a guide to till the next width
two, leave it and use it as the footpath between 5' wide beds.

A heavy tiller is a better tiller

HST is perfect for tilling, you can 'dial in' the best ground speed

Tilling N-S then E-W helps level the garden

Unless you totally ABUSE a new tiller, it'll be passed down to your grandkids.