Thoughts on Upgrade for my B2301

Bloomj

Equipment
B2301 w/FEL, PHD, Subsoiler
Apr 26, 2016
Greenville, SC
Major tree work and lack of pallet forks ( and no SSQA to easily add them) is making me consider an upgrade to my existing machine.

When I bought my B2301 in 2016 it seemed the best balance between machine weight and power for my needs. I was told by dealers there was no practical advantage to the B2601 at the time. I considered the L2501 at the time also but didn’t like the brake pedals being on the same side as the fwd/rev pedal. Also, I liked the idea of being able to add a MMM in the future. Tires are liquid filled.

I passed on the SSQA bucket when I bought due to it decreasing loader capacity for the added weight of the SSQA parts.

Here we are now and I am regretting not having forks, would like to have a little more loader capacity and reach, and stability of the machine when using the loader.

options:

buy ssqa adapter, bucket (or weld a plate to mine), and forks (total cost approximately $2k) and the loader will ultimately lift less than it

Spend the 2k towards another machine.

considering L2502HST - they fixed my complaint of the brake pedal placement. But still no mid pto (who knows if I’ll ever use it)

or

LX2620 - more similar to what I have, smaller footprint, less capacity compared to the L2502.

total configuration of the L and LX appears to be within $1000.

Thoughts?

what would you do? My B2301 has 175 hrs on it now, garage kept, not beat up.
What should I expect to pay to go from this to either of those?