Thoughts on this system for strapping tractor on trailer

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There's a reason truckers have a 3' piece of pipe in their rigs..... to lever down the binders and to check air pressure.

At 70, I can EASILY get correct tension on all the binders with the pipe.

I've seen a LOT of ratchet straps installed wrong over the years, far fewer 'chains and binders'. To each, their own..as long as it's SAFE and SECURE !

Tractor needs to stay on trailer after the hitch fails......oopsy...

hmm...if you shouldn't cross chains to secure a load....why cross at the hitch.... :rolleyes:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Or this:

Reactions: 1 user

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
With a chain from the trailer, through a drawbar clevis, then back to the trailer, you have only one chain holding your tractor back, and it allows some side-to-side motion, too.

If you used two chains, clevis to right corner and clevis to left corner of the trailer, you have the potential looseness of the crossed chains demonstration if one breaks or comes loose.

Bruce

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
A few have mentioned a hitch for the hitch bar. Is this what you are talking about:

Got my 4 ratchet devices. I decided to use 3/8" chains on the rear to keep tractor from going forward in a hard brake situation or at least hopefully prevent that. Using 5/16" chains on both sides in front. And have some heavy duty straps to get over the bucket or brush hog.

If that Clevis hitch is what folks are using, I may grab one of those too. Worst case that might be nice for dragging logs with when clearing cedar thickets.
Yes...that is "kinda" what I use.

I use the plain old U shaped one though.

Either on the the backhoe, or the drawbar (depending on the loaded configuration.)

Wow......75 bucks. They are pretty proud of those.

I have this one, and another one I got from Tractor Supply (I think?)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AX9PI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: 1 users