The definition of insanity with a Del Morino flail ...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
.... is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. 😂

Let me start by saying that I have no problem with Del Morino and clearly I'm the issue when it comes to using the Centurion Super 158. In my defense, cutting for the first time in any area where the vegetation is 3ft to 6ft tall is a challenge, particularly if you're being paid to do the work. You have no idea what's out there so it's not hard to run over objects.

I bought the Del Morino 2-1/2 years ago and have used it a lot. It's even made me some money. When it arrived from GWTC the bar that supports the front guards was bent during shipping. I straightened it and Courtney sent me a new bar and gave me a discount on the sale for my troubles. All was good.

I managed to damage the bar again earlier in the year running over the wood block that I use to support one of the trailer jacks. The grass, was long, I was in a rush and once again the bar was damaged. I made a replacement bar which is easy to do, and once again all was good. However, on a recent job I managed to damage the bar again by running over something that the hammers couldn't break apart fast enough. Whatever I ran over, probably a log, decided to exit out the front and tear up the the third bar that has been in that implement.

So here's where the insanity comes in. If I simply make another bar, it's a sure bet that it too will get damaged. So my plan is to make the bar hinged rather than fixed so that it has a chance to move up and out of the way.

Step one was to remove the damaged bar and guards. Step two is to repair the guards which is easy enough with the blacksmithing hammers that I made a few years ago. Step three will be to fabricate something that allows the rod that the guards swing on to also swing. It shouldn't be too hard so stay tuned if this sort of thing interests you.

Here's the carnage from the last job.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg