TG1860 PTO issue

psk125

Equipment
TG 1860
May 3, 2024
Southport CT
Went to start the motor with the PTO engaged. All sorts of shuddering went on, shaking the whole machine, then smoothed out when I disengaged the PTO, but the PTO no longer seems to work. Is this likely to be a fuse blown or something else? Is there something that will reset it? Dealer is not helpful.

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810, 1974 Wheel Horse C100
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
Sounds like the anti rotation pin for yhe PTO broke loose and it spun around. This also would unplug it and make it not turn back on. This is an electric PTO correct?

Or, the bearing on the PTO froze and the outcome is the same but you have to buy a new electric PTO as well.

Reactions: 1 users

psk125

Equipment
TG 1860
May 3, 2024
Southport CT
Sounds like the anti rotation pin for yhe PTO broke loose and it spun around. This also would unplug it and make it not turn back on. This is an electric PTO correct?

Or, the bearing on the PTO froze and the outcome is the same but you have to buy a new electric PTO as well.
PTO is electric. Will look into the plugs. Don't think the bearing froze, and can't imagine a fuse would blow because of this. Thanks.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
if the torque limiter pin broke the wires for the clutch usually get ripped out of the connetor, then they short out against the metal parts-causing fuse to get blowed. Real common on some brands (bad boy comes to mind....)

Reactions: 1 users

psk125

Equipment
TG 1860
May 3, 2024
Southport CT
if the torque limiter pin broke the wires for the clutch usually get ripped out of the connetor, then they short out against the metal parts-causing fuse to get blowed. Real common on some brands (bad boy comes to mind....)
Thanks for this info. I will be more careful going forward! It seems that re-seating the plugs did the trick this time and tractor and I are back to work.