Stucchi Couplers for SVL95-2S

Friscokid320

Equipment
2017 SVL95-2SC
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
I have been watching if anybody on here has replaced their high flow flat face couplers with the Stucchi products on their SVL's. So far the search hasn't resulted in many inputs on the forum. So, I purchased the kit from Stucchi and just put them on my 2017 SVL95-2SC (8/27/24). The kit is a plug and play. No installation problems to speak of. There are no installation instructions. After installing the new couplers, I tried my forestry mulcher (FAE UML/SSL 150) using the new couplers. I had a tall stump on my place and tried the mulcher on it.

It appeared there was a faster recovery time from stall out of the rotor. I also noticed a little more power to the mulcher head, i.e. wouldn't bog down as quick when using the standard Kubota couplers. Ambient temperature yesterday in Mount Pleasant, Texas was 96F. I really didn't run the machine long enough to see if the new couplers helped mitigate the heat buildup. When I quit (about 45 minutes) the machine temp was in the normal range. This time of year I see high temps all the time but not overheat. Mind you folks, this is my observation and this is not scientific by any means.

Another one of my reasons for the change out was the continued brinelling on the standard couplers. I've got just over 1000 hours on the machine and I was about ready to replace the high flow couplers for the fourth time. I did have one coupler that basically welded it self together.

I made some videos on replacing the couplers but I'm not very tech savvy and don't know how to post. Any help would be appreciated.

The products appear to be well built. Coupling can be difficult as they are screw to connect with no pressure. You'll need a wrench to tighten them up. This is the one negative I have on the product. The nice thing is the coupler came with thread protectors covers that are not only nice looking but they function to keep your couplers clean and damage free.

What I bought was the Kubota VEP17 kit. Came with M & F couplers, protective covers and 2 connector nipples to fit into the hydraulic manifold to put on my machine. I also bought 2 additional coupler sets that go onto my mulcher and mower with 1 additional set of protective covers. I spent just over $1k to replace the stock couplers. These are well machined parts and should give me a lifetime of use.

I will try to keep the forum up to date on results in the field. Normally, this time of year I mulch very little as the temperatures are just to high. On my machine, I don't have aftermarket hydraulic cooler. It's just a standard high flow machine.

Bill T.