Small beach maintenance machine?

Stevemo

Aug 14, 2024
Kingston
Hi all,
I would like to get a machine to maintain this beach that is about 1/2 acre. The initial job is to dig down the upper half of the beach 12" and drag it back towards the water. After that gets done I need to drag it every couple months to kill weeds from growing. The material is zebra muscles and they are kind of like coarse sand after they get broken down by the waves.
What would be a safe small hydrostatic machine to do this relatively efficiently? My access limits to me 48" wide across the widest part of the machine less implements. I can get to the water through neighbouring properties with an 8' wide machine but would like to use my access.
Cheers, Steve

Attachments

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'd guess you could drag that with anything. A BX is narrower than 48", and it's the cheapest Kubota tractor you can buy new. Are you looking new or second hand? A BX has a front end loader and will drag a beach I presume, depending on what you're pulling behind you. Discs? A harrow?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I'd guess that a small'ish machine with a Landscape rake, and "turf tires" would be good.

It would "pull sand" without digging in too much, and give it a nice "combed" look.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I would agree a BX machine with a landscape rake for moving the "sand", and then a land plane/grading scraper to flatten it, and maybe even a chain harrow to give it a bit of a finished look. The harrow will only disturb the top few inches.

The turfs would be your best bet, but R14's would be another option for tires.