Skid Steer died, won't start 2022 svl 97 2

MissyD

Equipment
2022 SVL 97-2HFC Skid Steer
Oct 8, 2024
Texas
Hello, first time writer here, and needing some help please. I have a 2022 svl 97-2HFC with 180 hours. Bought it new then husband got sick, so havent run it much. He was running it tho, and the machine shut down on him while using it. Just died. We checked the normal things to check, separator, filters, fuel lines, pumps. Fuel was coming into the separator and filter had clean fuel in it. I'm guessing the injector pump went out. Kubota is blaming it on us and bad fuel. Almost $8000. Replacing 2 pumps, idler, gear pump and all lines and things that go with it. My question is does it seem reasonable that bad fuel could tear up a pump, if it csnt draw the fuel up, as in the injector pump? why would the the gear pump need to be replaced? How does it play in there? wouldn't this whole incident ruin the engine? But only if the fuel was sent thru the injector pump? Below are the mechanics notes emailed to me. Maybe i t can shed some light. We did look at the fuel, no water in sep, no unusual smell or consistency. No codes ever came up when it happened. from kubota dealership: The Tech did not find any codes on the unit or any internal codes. Found the fuel was yellow and smelled like diluted varnish. Turn the key on and it would not draw fuel into the filler. Removed assembly, inspected inlet nipple - CLEAN. Removed filler and loosely mounted assy. connected fuel line and turned on switch and immediately it filled with fuel, order filters Pumped out fuel, added 5 gallons of new diesel and flushed line Replaced separator filter and fuel filter and pumped fuel through system. Unit still unable to crank. Battery run down - was unable to jump off - Removed Battery and charged Mounted Battery and tried to crank engine - nothing Broke line loose @ High pressure pump, not getting fuel out of pump Removed planetary gears, moved to wash rack and removed Radiator/cooler Removed fan and bothe belts, loosened compressor bracket and removed cover, found idler broken out (took picture) These are the notes from the Tech. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. They say no warranty. But I think I'll fight that. Sorry so long. thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If contaminated fuel was run through it, then yes all of that damage is very plausible.

And sorry, but Kubota will not warranty it for contaminated fuel.

Yellow and or varnish smell is a classic Gasoline contamination.
But it could also be DEF contamination.

If you have KTAC, then put in a claim with them or if it was home use your home owners insurance might help.

Reactions: 1 user