Rtv900

ronztractor

Dec 10, 2011
ARIZONA
Need some help with my rtv my head has a crack in it. I taked to the dealership to order a new one and they sold me on a new engine.
But they said before they could place the order I had to e-mail them a picture of the engine with a 2 inch hole I had to drill into the block to verify it was unusable.
Has anyone heard of this before ?
Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Need some help with my rtv my head has a crack in it. I taked to the dealership to order a new one and they sold me on a new engine.
But they said before they could place the order I had to e-mail them a picture of the engine with a 2 inch hole I had to drill into the block to verify it was unusable.
Has anyone heard of this before ?
Thanks
yup - have heard of that ! :) Others will tell you too. Hope I never have to do that ! :)

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
Photoshop should do a good job of depicting a hole through the block if you are good with it. I guess next we will have to have a picture of us lying in a coffin before they will issue a death certificate.

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
If the head only has a crack in it, I'd just replace the cylinder head and run it. My RTV900 had a blown head gasket and they ran it that way for a month, it was burning coolant. I wouldn't go the whole new motor route, and if you did, get it from Country Sales and Service, they're in Orrville, OH. They rebuild and replace motors, you send them your core. Not to mention, if you do just a cylinder head, you don't have to pull the whole motor and trans to replace it.