RTV-X1140 rear axle removal question

RandomFarmMachines

Equipment
RTV-X1140
Apr 25, 2024
Georgia
Hi all, first post! I have question about the correct procedure for removing a rear axle on the RTV-X1140. I have the factory service/ repair manual, but it is a bit confusing and not very user friendly compared to every other manual I've had throughout the years.

Please see the attached screenshots. It appears that I should simply follow the rear knuckle removal procedure which says to use a spring compressor and jack up the lower control arm underneath the knuckle before knocking out the upper and lower control arm to knuckle slide pins, but the page for the rear axle removal does not mention anything about this and instead says to remove the rear sway/stabilizer bar link, the entire upper control arm, and the entire lower control arm. But, an installation video I've watched about adding a lift kit to this machine shows you can simply remove the shock absorbers lower bolt to the upper control arm and swing it out of the way. Very confused about the correct process.

I had the machine jacked up and the wheel off and hit the lower control arm to knuckle pin with a punch and ball peen hammer, and although it moved a few millimeters it was very tight and seemed to still have tension on it, so before proceeding and doing a bunch of steps I may not need to do, I wanted to see if anyone had any clarification on how to remove the left rear axle? I have an axle puller tool so I'm not worried about getting the axle out of the differential, just worried about the correct steps to take to be able to get it out.

I have searched Google and YouTube high and low and have found the procedure for the smaller models of the RTV, but I cannot find anything for the RTV-X1140. I also have to do the front left axle as it was damaged as well, but it appears to be pretty straightforward and I just need to separate all the ball joints, tie rod end, etc, but if anyone can chime in on the front axle as well if there is something unique that needs to be done differently than other side by sides I've worked on then I'm all ears!

This thing is a beast but a few things are set up a bit different than what I'm used to with my other side by side. Thanks so much!

Attachments