RTV 1140 CPX No power to anything!!!

Mindboggler

Equipment
Kubota RTV 1140 CPX
Jul 5, 2024
Paso Robles, CA
Hello all, new guy here. Have an 1140 CPX at work, days over a hundred degrees I have a hell of a time getting it to start and have to jump in multiple times. The other day it was 113 outside and on the third jump the battery started leaking acid out of the caps. Installed a new battery after checking that it had a full charge, and I've got nothing when turning the key, no solenoid click no nothing. No lights. Anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe open main fuse ? usually there's a 40-50-100A slowblow fuse between battery and all electrical except for the starter motor feed.

Best use a LOT of baking soda to neutralize the spilt aced ....

Mindboggler

Equipment
Kubota RTV 1140 CPX
Jul 5, 2024
Paso Robles, CA
Maybe open main fuse ? usually there's a 40-50-100A slowblow fuse between battery and all electrical except for the starter motor feed.

Best use a LOT of baking soda to neutralize the spilt aced ....
Only two slow burn fuses, 60 amp alternator and 50 amp key switch. Both look and tested good. Curious about the four denso relays next to slow burn fuses.

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Check your grounds with a meter. My guess would be a bad ground first and possibly a bad connection of the terminal end of the battery cables. I have seen where they develop a thin layer of corrossion on the inside of the lead and you need to clean it off with a wire brush. My battery terminal cleaner has a wire brush on one end for the cables and a wire brush for cleaning the lead terminals on the battery on the other end.

Mindboggler

Equipment
Kubota RTV 1140 CPX
Jul 5, 2024
Paso Robles, CA
Check your grounds with a meter. My guess would be a bad ground first and possibly a bad connection of the terminal end of the battery cables. I have seen where they develop a thin layer of corrossion on the inside of the lead and you need to clean it off with a wire brush. My battery terminal cleaner has a wire brush on one end for the cables and a wire brush for cleaning the lead terminals on the battery on the other end.

I've got full voltage going through both terminal cables, cleaned connections, tested grounds that I could get to easily, use jumpers to test the four relays which were good, going to have to tow it out to the boneyard today due to a sold-out concert, be working on foot and in an old golf cart I guess LOL, I will post more once a solution is found or when I have more time to work on it. Thank you all for your help thus far!

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I've got full voltage going through both terminal cables, cleaned connections, tested grounds that I could get to easily, use jumpers to test the four relays which were good, going to have to tow it out to the boneyard today due to a sold-out concert, be working on foot and in an old golf cart I guess LOL, I will post more once a solution is found or when I have more time to work on it. Thank you all for your help thus far!
Have you checked the regular fuses in the fuse box?