Replacing LA243 bolts with linch pins

makemineorange

Equipment
BX2370-1 w/11 3pt or towed attachments
Oct 19, 2016
SE Iowa
Greetings,
I'm debating a set of forks for my '15 BX2370 with LA243 FEL. The quick attach is nice but I don't think I'll be swapping bucket/forks often enough to justify the cost. Has anyone replaced the three bolts used to secure the bucket pins with linch pins? It would be alot quicker to pull three pins but I'm wondering if the bolts have a shear function or maybe there's some other reason I don't want to do this.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The linch pins will work fine. I used them for several years to switch between a bucket and a hay spear.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I ordered my BX1880 with the pin on bucket and a grapple that came installed. The reason was because the supposed additional weight of 100 lbs. of the SSQA would limit my lift capacity and the SSQA grapple was even wider and heavier. So I bought this to be able to swap back and forth:

Here is how you hook up the bucket:

On the BX1880 there are several things pivoting on the pin for the bucket, including the FEL stand, so linch pins are not an option since everything has to be lined up and you want to do it only once. Still, aligning the pins and clevises was not much fun even on the curl cylinder. You would not have that mess since you do not have the 80 series, but if you are curious, here is a video:

For the Pallet forks I got this, because I am cheap and I liked the construction.

https://www.redlinesystemsinc.com/s...t-tractor-attachments/kubota-bx-pallet-forks/