Rear Hydraulics and Tilt Cylinder Lengths

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BH77, Land Pride SGC0660
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
I am in the process of installing some rear hydraulics for my B2650 tractor. I have the backhoe and 3rd function installed from the factory. I was going to use the power beyond connections for the backhoe as my connection point as I won't need use for the rear hydraulics while that is on. I am planning to run 3 spool valve from Summit and attach it under the seat area. As I am piecing all this together, I was wondering what everyone was using for top and tilt link cylinders and the sizes you went with. Thanks.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am in the process of installing some rear hydraulics for my B2650 tractor. I have the backhoe and 3rd function installed from the factory. I was going to use the power beyond connections for the backhoe as my connection point as I won't need use for the rear hydraulics while that is on. I am planning to run 3 spool valve from Summit and attach it under the seat area. As I am piecing all this together, I was wondering what everyone was using for top and tilt link cylinders and the sizes you went with. Thanks.
At the risk of beating a dead horse there is no real advantage to hooking the remotes up with couplers. You can make them permanent for the same money and effort. Once installed they are "just there" whether the hoe is on or off.

JMO,

Dan

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I also have a B2650 and I'm currently installing a 2 spool set up under the seat, are you sure you can cram a 3 spool there, It's awfully tight with a 2. I went with summits hydraulic top link and 2 spool valve. Just ordered up a handful of misc fittings yesterday and hopefully going to wrap it up this weekend. I also have summit's 3rd function on my tractor. I ended up removing the seatbelt for now to gain extra clearance, I'll re-evaluate it when I have my fittings for final mock up.

Attachments

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Check out what I did with my LX 2610 for the side link. Also in the write up is a link for the top link.

Reactions: 1 user

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
At the risk of beating a dead horse there is no real advantage to hooking the remotes up with couplers. You can make them permanent for the same money and effort. Once installed they are "just there" whether the hoe is on or off.

JMO,

Dan
I wouldn't be opposed to making them permanent. I would still have to come off the power beyond. Would I just plumb it in before the coupler connections for the backhoe?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I wouldn't be opposed to making them permanent. I would still have to come off the power beyond. Would I just plumb it in before the coupler connections for the backhoe?
Never seen that particular machine in person but the backhoe connections seem easiest.
  1. Remove female coupler from backhoe supply pipe and use a hose to connect pipe to P on new valve.
  2. Put coupler on N port of new valve and use it to supply the hoe.
  3. Connect T port on new valve to any tank return location.
Thats it - specific plumbing details like hose routing and female coupler placement up to you as long as you naintain that PB circuit. Remotes are always "hot" and can be used with or without backhoe. When hoe is removed you loop those two connections together just as before.

Regardless of how you decide to go you must use a PB sleeve in the N port and provide a direct to tank connection for T port (e.g. two outlets).

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
I also have a B2650 and I'm currently installing a 2 spool set up under the seat, are you sure you can cram a 3 spool there, It's awfully tight with a 2. I went with summits hydraulic top link and 2 spool valve. Just ordered up a handful of misc fittings yesterday and hopefully going to wrap it up this weekend. I also have summit's 3rd function on my tractor. I ended up removing the seatbelt for now to gain extra clearance, I'll re-evaluate it when I have my fittings for final mock up.
I am very interested in seeing it. I used the measurements off the valves from the site and the space here and thought I would have enough room for 3.

Attachments

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Most of my fittings are showing up today. I'll mock it up tonight and take some more pictures.

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I am very interested in seeing it. I used the measurements off the valves from the site and the space here and thought I would have enough room for 3.

Once you add the fittings and hoses you're not going to have room for a 3 spool, there's definitely not an extra almost inch and a half, I might have to shim my seat up a smidge to keep from kissing the tank and power beyond fittings.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Once you add the fittings and hoses you're not going to have room for a 3 spool, there's definitely not an extra almost inch and a half, I might have to shim my seat up a smidge to keep from kissing the tank and power beyond fittings.
Looking good!

Dan

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME
That looks great! Thanks for giving me a real life visual of what I am working with.

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
That looks great! Thanks for giving me a real life visual of what I am working with.
Sure thing! I received the last of my fittings for install over the weekend. I'll be getting this buttoned up during the week. I'll make a post and link it here to see the final product.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sure thing! I received the last of my fittings for install over the weekend. I'll be getting this buttoned up during the week. I'll make a post and link it here to see the final product.
I am curious about that black hose end elbow. Exactly what is that - some sort of reusable end?

Dan

biketopia

Equipment
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I am curious about that black hose end elbow. Exactly what is that - some sort of reusable end?

Dan
That was a PTFE hose end I had laying around when I did the fuel lines on my camaro, it's a -6 fitting. Soley for mock up as I didn't have a hose or hose end handy to check for clearance.