RB1672 Rear Blade - not able to rotate blade.

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
Little history: I purchased a new RB1672 Rear Blade back in late December. When I got it home in December I was only able to rotate it one hole in either direction. I figured it was rusty from sitting on the lot and not a big deal. I sprayed it with fluid film and then used it to plow snow. I kept the blade off the ground when using it, so I didn't bend or damage it.

Today: I started the process of adding the optional rotational hydraulic kit. I took it apart, cleaned, and greased the heck out of it. I'm still not able to rotate it more than one hole in either direction and I have to use excess force to get that little movement. I torqued the pivot bolt to 265 ft lbs per the manual. It will rotate if the pivot bolt is tightened to hand tight only.

Questions.

1. The round top plate that attaches to the pivot pin has a mark on it. Should that mark be facing up or down? It was facing up so I kept it that way.

2. I just read in the manual that the paint on blade pin should be removed and it should be greased. I noticed that the paint was not removed by the dealer. Is there any other places the paint should be removed?

3. There is a plastic or nylon bushing on the top side of pivot pin, but none on the bottom. This matches the parts breakdown in the manual. Without a bushing on the bottom, I'm assuming that once the blade is off the ground the pivot assembly should drop down a little to allow the blade to rotate on the top bushing and relieve the pressure on the bottom side???

4. Is there anything thing else I'm missing?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
Issue has been resolved. Below are the answers to my questions above.

1. No, the top plate can be flipped and it doesn't make a difference.

2. The paint does need to be removed and the holes in the frame need to be smooth. I found 2 large vertical burrs in the lower hole.

3. The plastic or nylon bushing was a little to thick. I sanded it down to match the height of blade pin sticking up through the top hole.

The issue was 2 parts, excessive paint with burrs that effected the blade pivot pin and the plastic or nylon bushing being to thick, which made it into a clamp that locked the blade to the frame.