R 14 Tires

HC11

Equipment
MX6000 Kubota, M5700 Kubota Equip. land plane,box blade,3 bottom plow,grapple
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
I have a new MX6000 with R14 tires with the rears being loaded. My issue is the tractor vibrates on any hard surface like my driveway and does this in any range. They did widen the rear tires by making the adjustment on the rims. Is this common with the R14 tires?

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Check the pressure. Bet it is crazy high. Could have too much ballast in the tires also.

Last edited:

Amarillo

Equipment
MX6000 w/ LA1065, tiller, disc, core aerator, box blade, shredder, Blast Sprayer
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
I have the 6000 too and mine vibrates when roading it as well. My dealership let some air out of the tires but it didn't help. He said the other 6000s they had did the same thing when they tested them. I have the R4 Industrial tires.

HC11

Equipment
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
Air suspension seat is a great bolt on option
Thanks, as I have the seat on order. When my dealer placed the order, there were 150 on back order. That should tell Kubota something about their seats.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a new MX6000 with R14 tires with the rears being loaded. My issue is the tractor vibrates on any hard surface like my driveway and does this in any range. They did widen the rear tires by making the adjustment on the rims. Is this common with the R14 tires?
I have an MX6000 with R4 tires like @Amarillo and there's definitely a vibration at a certain speed on the asphalt driveway. When I'm moving snow I don't really notice it as much, but now summer is here it's very obvious when moving around. It's not a big deal to me since it's not terrible and I don't need to be on the asphalt much. My rear tires have been juice and I have wheel weights.

I ordered the tractor with the upgraded Grammer seat but it obviously doesn't change the noise or vibration due to the lugs on the tires.

Reactions: 1 users

HC11

Equipment
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
I have an MX6000 with R4 tires like @Amarillo and there's definitely a vibration at a certain speed on the asphalt driveway. When I'm moving snow I don't really notice it as much, but now summer is here it's very obvious when moving around. It's not a big deal to me since it's not terrible and I don't need to be on the asphalt much. My rear tires have been juice and I have wheel weights.

I ordered the tractor with the upgraded Grammer seat but it obviously doesn't change the noise or vibration due to the lugs on the tires.
Thanks as these reply's make me feel better, as I am not alone in this. It is what it is and I have ordered the air ride seat also.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks as these reply's make me feel better, as I am not alone in this. It is what it is and I have ordered the air ride seat also.
This is my second MX6000 with the first one being an open station, and I think it's more noticeable with the cabbed version. Speed definitely plays a part in the vibration so maybe trying slowing down or speeding up to find a sweet spot if it's really annoying.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I have a MX6000 open station with the R4 tires I do have iron weighs but no juice in the tires. I road my MX a lot in the summer spot spraying. Gravel, black top and concrete. I don't notice any different vibrations on it than any other tractor I have and road. Every year I say I am going to upgrade my seat to a air seat and haven't yet. Maybe when winter comes I will look into up grading the seat.

HC11

Equipment
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
I have a MX6000 open station with the R4 tires I do have iron weighs but no juice in the tires. I road my MX a lot in the summer spot spraying. Gravel, black top and concrete. I don't notice any different vibrations on it than any other tractor I have and road. Every year I say I am going to upgrade my seat to a air seat and haven't yet. Maybe when winter comes I will look into up grading the seat.

It is vibrating even on the field now that they have dried out and much more firm. I will speak to my dealer Monday as this is very annoying. This is my 5th Kubota tractor and the only one that had this problem. If the juice in the rear tires is causing the problem I would rather go without it, as I almost always have something on the rear.

HC11

Equipment
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
Like I stated earlier, check the psi. As well as the ballast, could have too much. Too much ballast doesn’t leave enough room for air, which means no cushion.
Thanks Matt, I will do just that as I lowered the front pressure as it didn't help, as is obvious now the problem is the rears. I first thought the lug nuts were not tight as it felt like it was coming from the rear tires. Thanks for the tip about the cushion thing as it all makes sense now.

Amarillo stated his dealer lowered the air pressure in his R4 tires which were loaded and it didn't help. If that ends up being my case, I will have the juice taken out and use a weight box when needed. I have to travel on a dirt road for different jobs and is impossible like it is now. When I tried out the tractor before buying it there was no vibration at all with no loaded tires.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks Matt, I will do just that as I lowered the front pressure as it didn't help, as is obvious now the problem is the rears. I first thought the lug nuts were not tight as it felt like it was coming from the rear tires. Thanks for the tip about the cushion thing as it all makes sense now.

Amarillo stated his dealer lowered the air pressure in his R4 tires which were loaded and it didn't help. If that ends up being my case, I will have the juice taken out and use a weight box when needed. I have to travel on a dirt road for different jobs and is impossible like it is now. When I tried out the tractor before buying it there was no vibration at all with no loaded tires.
Air the fronts up to max, for loader work. I wouldn’t remove the ballast completely, just so it’s 75% or so. These tractors are light in the rear. I have tire ballast, 3 sets of weights and usually a 700+ lb box blade or a 990 lb tiller and can lift the rear at will.
1719149910540.png

This shows the 75% ballast fill, the rest is air, for the cushion factor.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Air the fronts up to max, for loader work. I wouldn’t remove the ballast completely, just so it’s 75% or so. These tractors are light in the rear. I have tire ballast, 3 sets of weights and usually a 700+ lb box blade or a 990 lb tiller and can lift the rear at will.
View attachment 131348
Yeah it sounds like they overfilled the tires and didn’t allow for enough air cushion.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 131348
The local dealer filled my MX6000 and M6060 rear tires with beet juice and I can check the tire pressure with the valve at 12 o'clock without any liquid coming out so I'm confident that my tires aren't overfilled, but on asphalt I can definitely feel a vibration. It's just part of the ownership experience with these tires.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
The local dealer filled my MX6000 and M6060 rear tires with beet juice and I can check the tire pressure with the valve at 12 o'clock without any liquid coming out so I'm confident that my tires aren't overfilled, but on asphalt I can definitely feel a vibration. It's just part of the ownership experience with these tires.
Thought you had R4 on both of yours? OP is asking about R14.

HC11

Equipment
Jun 18, 2024
Maine
Possibly. Or OP expectations are too high. Lol. It is a tractor and not a BMW after all. I hope he finds a happy medium somewhere.
I am 82 and been on tractors all my life, This is my 5th kubota as well as others and all had loaded rears and never a problem with those. None of the others had R14 tires, they were ag or R4. I am sure things will work out and thanks again for the help.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I am 82 and been on tractors all my life, This is my 5th kubota as well as others and all had loaded rears and never a problem with those. None of the others had R14 tires, they were ag or R4. I am sure things will work out and thanks again for the help.
I was assuming… you know where that gets us. I didn’t know your experience, now I do. I’m sure you’ll figure something out.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thought you had R4 on both of yours? OP is asking about R14.
Ooops ... you're absolutely right. I had R4s on the open station and have the same on the cabbed model. Next stop ... dementia!:giggle: