Quick Hitch advice please

Broxi

Equipment
B2601, Land Pride Pallet Forks, Woodland Mills WC 68 Chipper
Oct 13, 2024
New Brunswick
Hi, I have just joined the forum after taking delivery of my new B2601. I am new to this world and I am trying to figure out whether to buy the Pats quick hitch system or the Land Pride or Speeco E-hitch.
Every time I try and figure out what is best I end up going round in circles! I need to move on this fairly quickly and make a buying decision.
Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Buy the LandPride. Quality at a reasonable price and it will work with your tractor. I have never purchased a LandPride item that didn't live up to the quality that I expected of it. You won't regret or question your decision to purchase a quality product. You might find a lower price on a lesser-quality item, but remember you get what you pay for.

Are you from New Brunswick Canada or New Brunswick New Jersey? It does make a difference because sometimes what is available in the States isn't available in Canada and vice versa.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I have a post detailing the differences, but since you're looking for a quick answer:

LandPride QH is the most convenient if all your attachments work with it.

Pat's is preferred if you have any attachments that were made before the QH "standard" was "kind of" settled on and/or attachments that fall outside the "standard" LandPride is using. Pat's allows you to snag that "available for a steal" used implement you've been holding off on for years due to purchase price.

Reactions: 1 user

Broxi

Equipment
B2601, Land Pride Pallet Forks, Woodland Mills WC 68 Chipper
Oct 13, 2024
New Brunswick
Appreciate the quick replies. I will check out hedgehogs earlier post.
I am in New Brunswick, Canada and will change it on my profile if I can.

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I second the princess auto ones. Have had one for about two years, seems good to me.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hi, I have just joined the forum after taking delivery of my new B2601. I am new to this world and I am trying to figure out whether to buy the Pats quick hitch system or the Land Pride or Speeco E-hitch.
Every time I try and figure out what is best I end up going round in circles! I need to move on this fairly quickly and make a buying decision.
Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I know that some here really like the Pats system, but I still have my doubts that it's better than a Land Pride or similar Quick Hitch when it comes to hooking up to QH compatible implements, particularly if you have an hydraulic top link and hydraulic lifting rod i.e. top-n-tilt. The ability to move (angle) the QH around as a unit and get connected to the implement without getting off the tractor is a real benefit.

I started out with a QH05 on a BX25D and then QH10 and QH15 on the MX and M. I think I prefer the QH10 to the QH15 since the adjustable hook on the 15 seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
also
most CAT1 quick hitches are NOT CAT1 on the implement side, they're CAT2 so you need adapters,bushings,increasers to use your CAT1 implements with them.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I think I prefer the QH10 to the QH15 since the adjustable hook on the 15 seems to be more trouble than it's worth.
The adjustable hook, couldn't that be modified to accept "pins" to make the adjustment quick and easy?

My QH is an older John Deere solid hook.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
also
most CAT1 quick hitches are NOT CAT1 on the implement side, they're CAT2 so you need adapters,bushings,increasers to use your CAT1 implements with them.
That's the case with my QH, all my attachments have the bushings.

🤔 I could (should) modify that.