QH05 and compatible ballast options

prosebrook

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
Hi everyone. I have a Kubota BX2680 and recently purchased a grapple and pallet forks. When using the forks for the first time I was losing grip and had a lot of weight on the front end of the tractor. I also have the QH05 for the three point hitch. I was wondering if anyone had found a ballast box that works with the QH05. I was looking at the Titan ballast box. It says that it is quick hitch compatible but I wanted to make sure it would work before purchasing. Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Any box that has flat sides will work. The new box that Kubota presently sells will work with the QH05, whereas the old style of the box will need the sides modified before it will fit properly. I have 2 of the old style and I intend to cut down the sides and reweld the box back together to make mine fit the QH05 that I purchased last fall. I also didn't realize this until I made the purchase of the QH05. What really bummed me out was that I didn't realize that Messicks only carried the QH05 in black and doesn't stock the orange one.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Hi everyone. I have a Kubota BX2680 and recently purchased a grapple and pallet forks. When using the forks for the first time I was losing grip and had a lot of weight on the front end of the tractor. I also have the QH05 for the three point hitch. I was wondering if anyone had found a ballast box that works with the QH05. I was looking at the Titan ballast box. It says that it is quick hitch compatible but I wanted to make sure it would work before purchasing. Thanks
Land Pride makes a nice box for your tractor it's the WB10

prosebrook

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
Land Pride makes a nice box for your tractor it's the WB10
I have looked at the WB10 too but I wish that it had a 2in receiver like some of the other options. I am sure I could modify the WB10 to have a receiver on it as well but I have no welding experience.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It could help/save some time to get dimensions of whatever you are considering and compare to your QH. I am not sure what boxes you are looking at but I like to send the schematic of the QH to customer service of and ask for complimentary dimensions before ordering. The link below has been helpful for me.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A possible alternative to the 'weight box' is a 'carryall'. You put 'weight' on a skid, then lift skid with carryall. You can have a 'light' and a 'heavy' skid for different jobs so you can have the right about of counterbalance . Also EASY to use when needed. The Carryall is easy(light) to get on/off,something you appreciate as time goes by. Some have a 2" rcvr on them, my homebuilt unit has 2, 1 high, 1 low. options..always thinking of 'options'.