Put old Diesel in the Tank, Kubota M4700

BotanyMechanic

Equipment
Kubota RTV900, M4700
Sep 11, 2024
East Texas
I've just taken over a property, and there was a transfer tank there with Diesel in it, Kicking myself for not checking it first, I assumed it was fine and Wish I had assumed the opposite and just drained and replaced it. I went top off my M4700 from it and then got about 200 feet before the engine started knocking, and I think it was white smoke that was coming out? I don't recall clearly now.

I turned it off, and it has not started since. I siphoned the gas out of the tank (it looked like muddy water for a while at first), removed the fuel bowl and let that drain until it was a slow drip. Fuel filter was replaced, as the old one had a bunch of orange sludge on the paper. I then added 5 gallons of Fresh diesel (I know the capacity is much more though) with Power Service Bio Kleen and Power Service Clear Diesel. I filled bowl with the fresh treated diesel, and bled it as per the operators manual. It turns over, but It still did not start.

Is there anything else I can check or try? Another way to bleed it maybe? I have not purged the injector pumps. I'm going to try again to start it in the morning, hoping the additives just need a minute.