Pto won’t go in gear

Hi guys. I got my 3450 DT home and it has been doing great. It’s quite the little Billy goat scooping gravel and pushing and loading concrete ruble I’ve removed from my barn floor. So today I decide to brush hog for the first time and apparently it’s also the first time I’ve tried putting the pto in gear while running. When I try to engage the lever it just bounces on the gears like the clutch isn’t pressed. So I crawl under and start inspecting linkage for adjustments. The clutch rod goes forward off of the pedal and transmission engages fine. BUT I notice another rod off the clutch pedal going to the rear and it doesn’t move at all. Is this something to do with allowing stuff to stop so the pro can engage? Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi guys. I got my 3450 DT home and it has been doing great. It’s quite the little Billy goat scooping gravel and pushing and loading concrete ruble I’ve removed from my barn floor. So today I decide to brush hog for the first time and apparently it’s also the first time I’ve tried putting the pto in gear while running. When I try to engage the lever it just bounces on the gears like the clutch isn’t pressed. So I crawl under and start inspecting linkage for adjustments. The clutch rod goes forward off of the pedal and transmission engages fine. BUT I notice another rod off the clutch pedal going to the rear and it doesn’t move at all. Is this something to do with allowing stuff to stop so the pro can engage? Thanks
No the other rod is brakes.
The PTO engagement is all hidden inside the clutch housing.

That is a dual clutch tractor, and very likely the PTO clutch is stuck.
With the tractor off try engaging the PTO, if it engages and works when you start the tractor.
Run the brush hog and work the clutch pedal all the way down to try and break the clutch disk loose.
If The PTO doesn't engage or the Clutch disk won't Unstick, you'll be in for a split at some point to fix it.