pto detachment from brush hog deck

kdrag

Equipment
Kubota B2320, 42 inch brush hog by Modern AG
Aug 23, 2021
Alabama
I have a Kubota B2320 tractor and a 42 inch brush hog. It's a Modern AG brush mower deck. I've been using it for years and decided to change the blades. I got the deck off but can't get it back on. The bar that connects the pto to the deck gear box is adjustable, one piece slides over the other in a telescoping type manner. So I'm having trouble getting the two pieces lined up. Is there not a way to detach the bar from the pto spindle? There are no buttons to press but there is a plastic disc behind the bushings. Can anybody offer any help?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
As I understand it you want to remove the pto shaft at the implement. There is probably a shear bolt going through the yoke and shaft into the gear box. Remove the bolt and slide the yoke towards the gear box. You should see a circlip at the end of the implement’s shaft. Grab that and remove (wear safety glasses and use good pliers). Circlip holds pto on in case shear bolt shears, so when replacing shaft you MUST replace circlip.

The two halves of the pto shaft will only assemble in one arrangement so you may just need to look at the ends to see how it would fit together. Of course the plastic sleeve makes it difficult. You may want to temporarily remove it to learn how to line up the pto shaft.

Reactions: 1 user

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
This might help.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I think you're trying to disconnect the PTO drive shaft from the tractor. Some do disconnect by depressing a button. With others you rotate the disc at the tractor end a fractional turn. This allows the drive shaft to be removed. The internal and external splines of the shaft are keyed. You can only slip the halves together if they are properly oriented.