Post Office/Amazon

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
On Sunday I was was passing a small town post office and looked that direction. Five pallets of Amazon in the parking lot. I saw two postal workers off to the side getting the mini vans ready to pull over and load up. Seemed a bit risky to just drop the pallets out front and leave. For years we've heard of the demise and downfall of the postal service.
I think Amazon just might finish them off. The post office is ment for letters. UPS is ment for boxes. The local UPS driver here told me UPS told Amazon we can't handle your stuff as we're busy enough.
I did just see on the local news USPS Christmas delivery if shipped by November 2024 delivery is guaranteed by Dec 2025 !!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I did just see on the local news USPS Christmas delivery if shipped by November 2024 delivery is guaranteed by Dec 2025 !!!!!
I'm still waiting for a Christmas delivery mailed USPS last November. You have just given me hope that it may arrive someday 😲.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
On Sunday I was was passing a small town post office and looked that direction. Five pallets of Amazon in the parking lot. I saw two postal workers off to the side getting the mini vans ready to pull over and load up. Seemed a bit risky to just drop the pallets out front and leave. For years we've heard of the demise and downfall of the postal service.
I think Amazon just might finish them off. The post office is ment for letters. UPS is ment for boxes. The local UPS driver here told me UPS told Amazon we can't handle your stuff as we're busy enough.
You are correct that USPS vehicles (LLV-long life vehicle) are not setup to handle the packages like UPS or Amazon. Yet, USPS has been delivering packages for Amazon for years and for UPS for decades.

There are many places that it isn't profitable to deliver one package to, so various carries have agreements with the USPS to deliver the "last mile".

My wife's postal LLV would be packed to the roof with packages and that would get her through the first part of her route. She then would either go back to the post office and load up again or they would bring packages out that she would move over to her LLV. During the busy season, they try to bring in extra help to just deliver packages.

Supposedly the new postal vehicles come out is supposed help with the additional room for packages.

arml

Equipment
B5100e BX2200 JD455AWS Kubota G1800
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
Well if those are the new electric vans then don't get you delivery hopes up.....get fire insurance.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The postal system has made contracts with all of the carriers to deliver packages and is paying enough for the postal system to make a profit on the deliveries. The USPS has made great strides in package delivery and is very reliable. Whenever I have to ship a package the convenience of the USPS far outweighs UPS and FedEx for me. Amazon returns go by UPS, and sometimes I get lucky and have a driver pick up the packages when he is delivering a package. If not, I have to take the package to Staples and they ship out daily by UPS.