Pat's quick hitch on BX tractors

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Yesterday I installed my new set of Pat's quick hitches onto my BX23S three point hitch. I believe the 3PH is the same on all BX series tractors. Some of my implements are not quick hitch compatible which is why I went with the Pat's.

I have telescoping stabilizers, so I did not purchase the Pat's optional "stabilizing bar", on the theory that my stabilizers would do a decent job of maintaining the spread. In reality there's enough slop that they don't do as good a job as I'd like, but that is not my problem.

The problem is that the design of the linkages ("B" in the photo) causes the arms ("A" in the photo) to want to flop over. This hasn't been a problem but now I want the Pat's Quick Hitches to stay plumb when I'm backing up to engage an implement.

I need to contact Pat's and see if the stabilizing bar helps with that, but I thought I'd post here first and see if anyone had any thoughts.

EDIT: I just went out and took a picture, and I realized something. When the 3PH is fully lowered, the arms "A" are mechanically blocked from being vertical ... they have to be tilted over, as seen the picture. So clearly when I'm backing up to attach an implement, I'll need to make sure the 3PH isn't fully lowered. I'm not sure if that will totally solve my problem, but it should help a lot.

Thanks!
bx 3ph A.jpg

bx 3ph B.png

Last edited: