Pandemic: Pt II - same story different tune?

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Well.... i just said a little prayer hoping we not be back in for another round of whatever we recently came out of.

I'm not smart enough to know what might happen but saying a prayer it turns into a nothing burger.
:eek:

WHO confirms 1st fatal human case of H5N2 bird flu. Globally, this is the 1st lab-confirmed human case of infection with A(H5N2) subtype of bird flu

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The next pandemic has probably been in the planning stages for a couple years.

Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The next pandemic has probably been in the planning stages for a couple years.
Don’t have much interest in the topic of this thread, but I do know that denial and conspiracy theories have been around longer than a couple years…🤣

Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The weird thing is the "science" and "conspiracy" definitions reversed in a short amount of time.

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Just yesterday Fauci spoke before Congress and stated that the 6' social distance rule and the masks that were hyped as "follow the science" were simply arbitrary and now he isn't sure where that info came from. I find it interesting to see how "the facts" morph over time.

To some extent the statement that "the difference between conspiracy theories and facts is about 6 months" has some validity.

Reactions: 7 users

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
A world pandemic should serve as a good distraction until November. After that it will make a good talking point regardless which direction it gos.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Of course there is. It's an election year!
So as not to stray into the political realm, I'll keep this to the virus side of things.
There is a reason that they call medicine a "practice". It's because they never master it. I almost lost my job when the government basically forced everyone to get the shot. Glad I refused it. So much is coming out now about all the really bad short and longer term side affects.
They'll "practice" with this new one too.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Just yesterday Fauci spoke before Congress and stated that the 6' social distance rule and the masks that were hyped as "follow the science" were simply arbitrary and now he isn't sure where that info came from. I find it interesting to see how "the facts" morph over time.

To some extent the statement that "the difference between conspiracy theories and facts is about 6 months" has some validity.
When there’s a novel disease unknown to science previously, scientists make their recommendations based on experiences with similar diseases while research continues. It’s learning as you go. What’s hard to understand about this?

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
When there’s a novel disease unknown to science previously, scientists make their recommendations based on experiences with similar diseases while research continues. It’s learning as you go. What’s hard to understand about this?

What I DON'T understand, among other things, is why Fauci presented information as "settled science" and now can't even recall where the information originated. The guy has skeletons in his closet.

EDIT TO ADD: First of all, as time goes on and information comes out, I'm not so sure the disease was not previously known. I believe evidence will eventually show that the lab was all to familiar with it. Even though President Trump initiated "Operation Warp Speed" before leaving office to rapidly develop vaccines, those vaccines came on line awfully fast for a previously unknown disease.

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
What's hard to understand is why "they" settled on 6' when it's been known for decades that cough droplets travel up to 12' and a sneeze can propel droplets 25'.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
What I DON'T understand, among other things, is why Fauci presented information as "settled science" and now can't even recall where the information originated. The guy has skeletons in his closet.

EDIT TO ADD: First of all, as time goes on and information comes out, I'm not so sure the disease was not previously known. I believe evidence will eventually show that the lab was all to familiar with it. Even though President Trump initiated "Operation Warp Speed" before leaving office to rapidly develop vaccines, those vaccines came on line awfully fast for a previously unknown disease.
Everyone has a conspiracy theory.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Pure blood for sale, get your pure blood here!

Wonder how many times I’ll get this new variant, my record for Covid is 4.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Be a guinea pig. If it doesn't work that's no problem. If it harms you the pharmaceuticals are not liable an protected from any law suits.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Why 6 feet ?
EASY... cause nobody understands SILLYmeters !!!! Including the government of Canada !!!
What's hard to understand is why "they" settled on 6' when it's been known for decades that cough droplets travel up to 12' and a sneeze can propel droplets 25'.
It’s pretty clear why 6’ was not the solution…

• Haha

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My favorite visit to a store that said you had to be 6 feet apart with employees on either side of the aisle talking which kind of forced people to walk between them. At the same store, aisles that weren't much more than 6 ft apart with employees walking down them side by side. They were following the rules ... wink ... wink.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"Doublethink is a process of indoctrination in which subjects are expected to simultaneously accept two conflicting beliefs as truth, often at odds with their own memory or sense of reality". George Orwell novel 1984

Reactions: 3 users