Over heating

kyflgirl

Equipment
L 2501
Oct 11, 2024
Ky
I'm new here. My L 2501 keeps overheating after bush hogging about 15 minutes. This is my first Kabota. The first 2 summers I didn't have an overheating problem. The first half of this summer was fine as well. It just started overheating out of the blue. I've switched to a 4' bush hog down from a 6' but the problem remains. Any idea what the problem might ne?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How many hours on your tractor?

And have you cleaned the radiator well? I mean really clean it.

Take compressed air and blow through the radiator and do it several times.

Another thing to check - with the fluid in the radiator near the top so that you can see the fluid - start the tractor cold and shine a flashlight into the opened neck and look to see if there are any bubble that are in the fluid.

Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Be careful of how close you get to the "small radiator" . I think it's for the hydraulics.

The fins are SUPER EASY to fold over and bend using either compressed air or a pressure washer.

At least mine were.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
First order of business is stop working it until this is fixed. This isn't your Grandpaw's gas powered engine that can survive some overheating without permeant damage. If a diesel engine isn't shutdown at first sign of overheating it can easily crack the head,melt piston, blow head gasket, destroy cylinder liner and other things you don't want to hear. NOW , are you going by a light,guage reading,steam escaping or other indicator? If you are lucky it's only a bad sensor and the way to know is with an accurate laser thermometer or temporarily installing an accurate sensor and gauge. As mentioned above , dirty radiator fins is most common cause of overheating, have you checked that? Auto parts stores sell a chemical you put in coolant to detect exhaust from cracked head,blown gasket or other failure allowing exhaust into coolant.
That should keep you busy for a while and tell you more than us wagging at it. After you finish come back to report what you found.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I'm new here. My L 2501 keeps overheating after bush hogging about 15 minutes. This is my first Kabota. The first 2 summers I didn't have an overheating problem. The first half of this summer was fine as well. It just started overheating out of the blue. I've switched to a 4' bush hog down from a 6' but the problem remains. Any idea what the problem might ne?
Page 54 of your owners manual. Did you pull the radiator screen out and ensure it is clean? Good luck.