Oring popping out

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
I have a Vevor valve that I bought for cheap from china. I use it as my rear valve for my snowblower and wood splitter. I understand that this valve is cheap but I never had a problem until today.

On the pressure side, the connection is ORB. Today, while splitting wood, the oring popped out on the side and oil started to spray. So I replaced the oring but the same thing happened again.

I'm kind of confused as to why this would happen now and never before. Could it be because a hose is blocked and there is too much pressure and it pops out the oring? I would think that the pressure relief would kick in.

Any suggestion or ideas on how I coule troubleshoot this?

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Is it the ORB o-ring that is leaking? If so they are not your everyday o-ring that you find in most kits. They are 90 durometer and a specific size. If you use the wrong o-ring they will leak. The same with ORFS.

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
Yes. The o-ring pops out on one side, the oil is pushing it out on one side. Kinda like a rubber bubble forming.

I was using the same o-ring that was working for 2 years and it did that. Then I bought new ones from a store that sells hydraulic hoses so I figure they have the right o-rings too. I'll get new ones from somewhere else just to be sure. But I'd like to hear about other things I could look into as well.