Oil Over full

Aburn07

Equipment
Avant 635 with Kubota V1505
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
Hello, I have an Avant 635 with the Kubota V1505,

It has been leaking oil, and I suspect it is the main seal, as it is all wet but that is besides the point. It was brough out onto a jobsite and the guys were told to keep an eye on the oil level as to not run it dry. They ended up putting all 10 ish quarts into the motor, along with the 5-6 it already had. I drained it back down to operating level, but now whenever the motor is above 2500 rpm, it starts to burn a lot of oil, misfire and die. The idle is lower than it was, but from 1000-2500 rpm it runs fine.

If anyone has any sort of suspicion or help to offer it would be much appreciated
Thank you

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The engine requires 7 quarts of oil. Needing one qt. added and someone puts in 10 qts. ....... someone needs some training!!!

How long did the engine run before the error was recognized? How long has it been run after the oil volume was reduced back to normal level?

Aburn07

Equipment
Avant 635 with Kubota V1505
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
The engine requires 7 quarts of oil. Needing one qt. added and someone puts in 10 qts. ....... someone needs some training!!!

How long did the engine run before the error was recognized? How long has it been run after the oil volume was reduced back to normal level?
I am not sure how long it was ran like that before it was noticed. But I did go out and drain the oil to the correct amount. It was ran for probably another 2-3 hours once fixed and they noticed the issue.

I just went through the CCV system, and nothing was clogged or full of oil