Oil Leaking Through Hole on Transmission Case

charlestark2359

Equipment
2016 Kubota B2650
Feb 5, 2023
Marlette, MI
2017 B2650 HST with ROPS

Recently, I had to replace the differential case on the back of my kubota. It connects to the transmission. It was a big job. I was very meticulous and I don't see any leaks around the union of the transmission case and the differential case. However, on the transmission case, there is kind of a bolt hole (not sure if its threaded, but it seems like it might be.) I don't recall taking anything out of that hole. But it seems to be leaking oil profusely. I am trying to find out if anyone knows what this hole is and why it might be leaking as well as suggestions as to how to stop the leak. I have looked through the manuals, as well as the online diagrams and I can't seem to nail it down.

I have attached several images. One image is a diagram of the assembly valve and a plate that holds the assembly valve on. The part is YW440-00102. This part is bolted onto the transmission right on top of where this leak is located on the right side of the tractor. I simply put that so you know roughly where it is on the tractor.

The second image is a picture of the actual hole with a red circle around it. You can see the valve assembly just over it. The third is a short video clip of it leaking when I am running the tractor and using the bucket to lift the front of the tractor.

Here is the short video of it leaking.

Is there a mechanic that might know what is going on? Trying to avoid taking to the dealer if possible. I'm hoping it's as simple as plugging it with a bolt, but I am hoping someone will know exactly what is going on.

Thank you!

Charles

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did these pipes get reinstalled?
Did you have any other parts left over?