Odd Interlock Starting Issue - M4D-071

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
My son was running the M4D with a bat-wing mower yesterday. He encountered a unexpected mound of dirt and bogged down the bat wing and it stopped the tractor. He turned the PTO off, Shuttle back to neutral and even put the thing in neutral to restart it. It would not do anything. Turn the key and silence.

We scratched our heads for a while on this one. There shouldn't be anything other than the shuttle position, PTO off, clutch, and brake as far as I can tell on interlocks.

I hopped into the tractor to see if there was something he overlooked. I depressed the clutch, brake, shuttle in neutral, and PTO was off. Still nothing.

I went out and disconnected the bat wing in case the thing was still engaged. I could partially spin the PTO by hand a few degrees back and forth. At this point my son was back in the tractor and we attempted to start it. It started just fine. Not tempting fate we drove it up the shop to check it over a bit more. Nothing appeared to be out of place. It failed to start up there as well once it was powered off. I adjusted the seat and looked over to see if the seat position switch may have something to do with this. After adjusting the seat the thing would start every time.

So I guess the interlocks on starting are
1. Shuttle Position in N
2. PTO off
3. Brake ON
4. Good seat position

Can't recall if the brake and clutch both need to be engaged to start. I always depress them anyway so they may play a role as well.
Is the above correct?