Not a Kubota tractor, but Kubota (gas) powered

MaximusGluteus

May 28, 2014
Wisconsin
Don't know if any of you have experience with the Kubota gas engines, but here's a Cub Cadet 2182 with a 3-cylinder version:

http://appleton.craigslist.org/grd/4492637861.html

Anybody here know anything about this GT/engine combo? Being built by MTD my impression of Cub Cadet isn't the greatest, but since the B7100 I looked at didn't work out, I'm back to looking at gassers since I need to find something soon.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wouldn't recommend the cub cadet. Got the 46" model and the decks suck. If it's just you operating it, then you probably won't have much issues and it has been decent. But if you got day dreaming teenagers mowing the yard then plan on doing some welding to the deck. Mines 7 year old. I've had it for four. Previous onwer replaced the spindles once, and i've replaced them twice. Have had to weld the skids back on the bottom once, second time i fabbed up some out of 3/16 steel and have had to reweld the shoot. I won't get another one personally.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
That's not an MTD-Cadet (like you would buy at Lowe's or Tractor Supply)- it's a Cub Cadet commercial unit. There is a huge difference, and that is a stout mower. But, it isn't a tractor like the B7100. If you have to have a mower now, that Cub looks pretty good. I don't know if it is worth the price, but the heavier Cubs are stout.