NFL and the National Anthem Disrespect

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
"National Felons League" was one thing.....

This I won't tolerate.......

Guess it's now normal for players to disrespect the National Anthem?!?!?!?

Pittsburgh Steelers don't even come out for it - except for one player.....

I'm not going to preach. Been a fan for 40+ years - Cowboys in the 70's, Giants since.

I'm done with anything NFL. Not going to watch it, or support it in any other way.............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Screw them....see how they support themselves if more people boycott it .....I know I'm not the first..

PS - just turned my Giants game off, in favor of "How It's Made" on Science Channel.:cool:

Last edited:

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Re: NFL and the Nationl Anthem Disrespect

Pretty sad that in London, the multi-millionaire NFL players sit for the USA...but stand for the British monarchs & empire that colonized Africa. Apparently none of them were history majors.

Props to Former Army Ranger and Steelers LT Alejandro Villanueva for coming out of the tunnel for the National Anthem.

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia

I appreciate free speech.
However, when on the field, these men are working for the National Football League. It is not a place or time where they should be expressing personal beliefs, it is when and where they should be supporting those of league. If they want to sit or not be present during a part of the game that is important to a majority of the supporters (fans) then perhaps the league should release them from their contracts to enable them to find more suitable employment, one where the National Anthem is no a part of.
Enough coddling a group of over grown babies. Drop them. Remove the pensions, remove the life time health care coverage. Make the salaries realistic for the value they provide. If these players were my kids, they'd get the spanking of their lifetime. As my dad would tell me 'Snap out of it and get with the program'.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Props to Former Army Ranger and Steelers LT Alejandro Villanueva for coming out of the tunnel for the National Anthem.
That was the guy I saw. He was my hero today.

Thought they said Ranger, but didn't want to cite, since I wasn't sure.

He should be in charge of NFL's Code of Conduct. Think/hope he doesn't beat his wife, drive his $200,000 car and wreck it, shoot others or himself...... Oh, that's the Felons League part of the equation....

If they got enough guys like him together - maybe there'd be a 6-team league worth while.........

Until then, I'm done.....

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

I appreciate free speech.
However, when on the field, these men are working for the National Football League. .
Don't get me wrong -- I'm with freedoms all over. (In NYS, there's a challenge to right to bear arms)

But like you said - this their job....don't like your job responsibility- BYE!

Last edited:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana

I have not watched a single down of anything nfl since Colin Kaepernick knelt for our National Anthem last year and the league did nothing about it, I am done with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS

I agree that they should voice their personal beliefs in another venue not the stadium in which they are paid to play and represent which ever conference they play in. My dad fought in the Pacific during WWII to ensure that these yahoo's didn't have to bow to the Japanese emperor and lose every right they have today.

For these bozo's to kneel, sit or show any other disrespect to our nation and its flag is a slap in the face of every veteran that has fought in any conflict this nation has ever been involved in. Civil war included and I am not talking about the confederate battle flag either.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas

If Americans would not participate watching the games and stadiums for a year or two, the NFL would weed out those unpatriotic players out themselves. That goes for any sports league in the U.S.
I'm not Canadian, but I would stand in respect for their national anthem. I don't have to sing it, I don't have to salute their flag, but I can show some class and respect by standing.
Men and women fought and died so thosr players can make millions and act like spoiled brats.
Shame on the owners for putting a dollar over honor.
Shame on those that forsake national pride for entertainment.
It's not free speech, it's a total disrespect for your country. They could stand, but it shows their lack of class and respect when they kneel. Try that in other countries and see what would happen. We are blessed to live with freedoms....
*putting up soapbox*

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

I quit watching the moment that Colin Kaepernick first took a knee. I have not really missed it.

To me, these antics are disrespectful of every person that served our country, in uniform. Men and women, real heroes, died defending our flag, which represents all that our country has stood for, for more than 240 years. To trash all that real heroes have sacrificed is sacrilege.

God, Family, Country! Screw all the sports figures and so called celebrities that are trashing our country and President.

murse72

Aug 11, 2016
west Monroe ,Louisiana

I quit watching the NFL when they went anti 2nd amendment. They refused to play ad for Daniel Defense during a Super bowl that didn't even show a gun in the ad. Had a policy that off duty police officers could not even carry their guns with them.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

I saw Pete Carol, I think his name is, coach of some NFL team telling how this is go great and how change is going to come about..... I turned the TV off.

The NFL should apply Affirmative Action and fire about 80% of the league to get it more representative of our population.

The same NFL that supports "individual freedom of expression" for their players refused to allow Tim Tebow to kneel in prayer or the Dallas Cowboys to wear a tiny helmet sticker honoring five slain police officers.

I'll find something else to do!

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA

I agree with everything stated in this thread. I've been sick of this National Anthem protest from the start. These all the sudden privileged and rich peoe protesting the very thing that got them there are garbage. However, I still watch the game because I enjoy it and the time spent watching it with friends.

I also believe the league wide protest this weekend was, for lack of a better word right now, justified as it was in protest of POTUS's ignorant comments on Twitter. That office should understand and appreciate the First Ammendment and the right for peaceful protest and the reason for it.

As for the Steelers, look to the head coaches reason for doing it. From what I've read, his reasoning was sound. More not participating in the league wide protest over choosing to protest or not. Seeing Alejandro Villanueva out there was expected yet, made me cry with pride.

I disagree with the protest overall but, I love the constitution and the freedoms guaranteed by it. Guaranteed providing those that take the oaths that they take, do what they promised and those that elect those individuals hold their feet to the fire.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA

Ditto all of the above. I missed the beginning of the Steelers game, so this is news to me. I thought they were above this childish disrespect of the National Anthem. In fact, last year one of the players (can't remember who now) stated that if anyone did that, then they would have to answer to him. What happened? And I WILL be writing a letter to the Rooney's and the NFL.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA

In fact, last year one of the players (can't remember who now) stated that if anyone did that, then they would have to answer to him. What happened?
That was James Harrison but he denied ever actually saying that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan

I have been a Lions fan for most of my life, and they have stayed out of the National Anthem protests. That is until today, they decided to start disrespecting the country. TV went off... I am tired of a bunch of millionaires telling me how bad it is here. I just want to watch a game, and not have to have a bunch of spoiled brats telling me how I should think. I am done watching.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

So now Budweiser, and Ford and GM and every body else that has an add on these games should start getting letters stating,,,HEY if you guys want us to watch and buy then, you might want to whisper in the ear of the NFL,, But people wont do that because they are pus,,, errrr stupid :mad:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I guess there really is something to this concussion thing getting hit in the head too many times.

Never was a sports fan. They get paid too much money to whack a ball with a stick, throw it through a hoop, or oh my gosh, run while carrying it.

When they build me a new shop and pay to come watch me work maybe I'll reciprocate.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Reading this backs up what the tv ratings are saying. As in going down. I guess the players don't realize who supports them and this will catch up to them. The last place you want politics shoved in your face is entertainment. We watch it to take a break from it. We're witnessing the height of arrogance!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was told that NASCAR told people doing this could cost you your job,,, works for me