NewB Question

dogwoodgrove

Equipment
L2250, Bob Cat 751, F250 PowerStroke
Jul 12, 2009
USA
Folks:
I don't want to be politically incorrect or violate forum protocols. So here goes- are we allowed to discuss Kubota Tractor pricing on this site and / or Kubota dealer customer interaction?

dogwoodgrove

Equipment
L2250, Bob Cat 751, F250 PowerStroke
Jul 12, 2009
USA
Good morning, apologies for sounding like a rant was involved! Bought my 4wd L2250 in 1986 - best piece of equipment I've ever owned! Time for larger Kubota, looking for 4wd GST or HST (open platform) Such as: L3540 or L3940 with LA724 QA FEL. Or L4240 with LA854 QA FEL or L4400 HST with LA703A QA FEL. I'm finding that local dealers are somewhat reluctant to sell in others territory and of course the better prices are for tractors that have been in inventory (outside for many many months). So please coach me on getting a fair price and how to verify the manufacture date of a "new" Kubota that has been in inventory for a long period of time and if you have any experience with the models I'm looking at.
Thanks!
Dave

SideHillBill

Equipment
3540HST-C Tractor
Jul 30, 2009
HOOSICK NY USA
Congrats on your impending new tractor purchase. I took delivery of my new L3540-HST-C yesterday - can't beat the smell of new paint. (Of course I haven't started making the payments yet).
In my manual under "Implement Limitations" I notice that this size (L3540) is one size under Kubota's recommendations for many different implements, such as 2 bottom 14 in. plows and other larger sized cultivators, etc. This isn't a problem for me as I have other larger farm tractors to use but the next size up, the L3940 does handle some bigger implements.
I priced my machine at 2 local dealers and 1 well known online dealer in Ky. I found that Kubota's 0% financing applied only to in-stock models and that used ones would finance at 7%. The best price was from Barlow's in Ky at 30K and no cost to deliver to upstate NY. 1 local dealer had only a used 3540 which I didn't want and the other offered me my tractor at 34K but he gave a real good trade in on my old tractor. Having a local dealer is important to me so I took the deal.
I did learn that Kabota dealers don't attach dates to their models like car dealers do, so a 2008 isn't differentiated from a 2009 of the same model. I don't know if the mfgr date can be determined using, say, ser. nos. or not.
Also, Kubota doesn't pay for trucking for warranty work but some dealers will offer it as part the deal if you ask.
I used the pricing feature on Kubota's website to compare options etc. so I would have an idea of what the MSRP was for the tractor I wanted.
Happy hunting.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Congrats on your impending new tractor purchase. I took delivery of my new L3540-HST-C yesterday - can't beat the smell of new paint. (Of course I haven't started making the payments yet).
In my manual under "Implement Limitations" I notice that this size (L3540) is one size under Kubota's recommendations for many different implements, such as 2 bottom 14 in. plows and other larger sized cultivators, etc. This isn't a problem for me as I have other larger farm tractors to use but the next size up, the L3940 does handle some bigger implements.
I priced my machine at 2 local dealers and 1 well known online dealer in Ky. I found that Kubota's 0% financing applied only to in-stock models and that used ones would finance at 7%. The best price was from Barlow's in Ky at 30K and no cost to deliver to upstate NY. 1 local dealer had only a used 3540 which I didn't want and the other offered me my tractor at 34K but he gave a real good trade in on my old tractor. Having a local dealer is important to me so I took the deal.
I did learn that Kabota dealers don't attach dates to their models like car dealers do, so a 2008 isn't differentiated from a 2009 of the same model. I don't know if the mfgr date can be determined using, say, ser. nos. or not.
Also, Kubota doesn't pay for trucking for warranty work but some dealers will offer it as part the deal if you ask.
I used the pricing feature on Kubota's website to compare options etc. so I would have an idea of what the MSRP was for the tractor I wanted.
Happy hunting.
You probably did the right thing for your location but some of Brady Barlows deals are for real. Carver Equipment in Dunn, NC used to make fantastic deals over the Internet until the Dealer Council starting raising H over a trend that lowered Dealer margins regionally. They have been told to sale only in NC or loose their floor plan financing. Bad for you and me but greed has turned out to be a bad thing in America. ( check your 401K out for instance 4th Qtr. 2008 earnings) :mad:

Dealers have to make a buck to pay salaries, keep the lights on and retain earnings to meet Banker expectations per their business plan. We as consumers really have all the fun getting to choose whats best for us. Kubota just about ownes the subcompact market in part due to KCC and the zero down plan available on most new models. Kubota is just the biggest value for the buck. I like John Deere's engineered products, but simply can't afford a new one personally because the interest and finance won't compete with KCC. For my Company, I order nothing but JD/Yanmar diesels for my pony motors on larger pressure diggers and Kubota Industrial Diesels on my "backyard" diggers. Well to each his own and all who read this post it's your decision to make the best choice for your personal circumstance.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
SideHillBill is pretty catchy too. I haven't seen it used before either. How did you get this name and then I will tell you how I got mine....:eek:

SideHillBill

Equipment
3540HST-C Tractor
Jul 30, 2009
HOOSICK NY USA
OK - As a teenager (who of course knew everything) I was helping a neighbor by baling a particularly steep field for him. He gave me instructions about how to stay out of trouble, which I ignored, and I set out baling in my own fast and efficient way. I promptly tipped his hay wagon over, much to the delight of his hired men who called me "Side Hill Bill" for the rest of the summer. There's the whole sordid story.:(