New Tractor Advice for a newbie please

DenmanBC

Equipment
Pending purchase
Aug 6, 2024
Coastal BC, Canada
Hello,

I have a 10 acre parcel in coastal BC with about 1/2 the acreage cleared. The 5 cleared acres quickly overgrows with brambles (blackberries), broom, and heavy grass. The land is undulating and gently sloped. There is almost no flat "lawn". My needs are primarily for brush and heavy grass cutting, fence mending, light tree clearing, light to medium landscaping, driveway maintenance, and general property upkeep. I outsource heavy logging or serious excavator work to locals with skills and equipment. Our local tractor dealer is Kubota. Current post Covid prices in Canadian dollars with Canadian taxes are horrifying. I am weighing a BX23S tractor loader backhoe plus brush hog VS a B2601HSD with loader backhoe and brush hog. The bigger machine with the extras listed is over $60,000 Canadian with taxes. The BX23S is a chunk less. Any advice or wisdom considering acreage and stated needs? Other than helping on a farm as a teenager I have no serious tractor maintenance skills (I do know how to use a grease gun)
Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look at a fail mower over a brush hog for mowing, they work far better on brush and brambles.
When it comes to tractor for clearing and maintaining, bigger is better, look at a L2501 or L2502.