New to me B6000 (won't start)

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Wapiti,

On last thought - it sounds like you and Elk are in similar situations. Perhaps the two of you could share knowledge while rebuilding your engines on the thread below and, thanks the web, help each other through the process. Of course, the rest of the members are also here to help. Just a thought as there is no reason you can't tackle this on your own especially if it's already parked in your shop.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9683

Steve

Gearheadzs

Equipment
B6000 4 wheel drive, FEL
Feb 10, 2013
AZ
Try a jack under the fel and pull back on the stick while jacking it up, may help to have the filler cap off, just a thought. Or if that doesnt work, crack the cylinder lines on the fel to lift the arms with thhe jack under the bucket, get them to height desired then place a block between cylinder and arm to hold it up. Keep shop towels ready.

GH

wapiti39

Equipment
2-Kubota B6000's with FEL,s and Tillers.
Dec 10, 2012
Meridian, Id
Alright folks, I am attempting to pull the injectors to take them in and get them tested however after removing the nut on each side of the top of the injector it appears it is fastened in there very well still? Am I missing a step here, thought I Better check before I made the situation worse, thank you for your time and recommmendations.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Alright folks, I am attempting to pull the injectors to take them in and get them tested however after removing the nut on each side of the top of the injector it appears it is fastened in there very well still? Am I missing a step here, thought I Better check before I made the situation worse, thank you for your time and recommendations.

Spray around the loosened injectors with a penetrant and LIGHTLY tap the injectors on their SIDES with a non metallic hammer.

wapiti39

Equipment
Dec 10, 2012
Meridian, Id
10-4 I will do that, they are not threaded into place are they? They should simply be removed by pulling them up and out once they are free correct? No need to remove the threaded post at all?Thank you again.

Last edited:

tommy

Equipment
B-6000
Apr 9, 2014
lake hughes calif. l.a.
Just purchased b-6000, just got it started today ? My question is why the glow plug controler does not glow ? Only got worm after holding the switch to the left over two mins. Should it glow ? The book saids 20 secs.? Bad conections ? Tks tommy

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
On my B7100, the glow plug indicator (controller) does not glow visibly in bright sunshine…. but the glow is visible at night or in low light conditions.

jay87t

Equipment
B6000
Aug 4, 2013
Niagara Falls
I dont really see the indicator on my B6000 as well, I replaced the indicator coil, still you can only see it in the dark get red. Just check the voltage at the glow plug when turning the glow plug knob, make sure you have voltage there.

tommy

Equipment
B-6000
Apr 9, 2014
lake hughes calif. l.a.
Hay thank you foot and jay, up date, today thurs 4/10 i checked the voltage @ the controller with nob turned . 077 v , but at the glow plugs 11. Volt ? Held for over two mins. No start but (almost) total held over 6 mins and then started,runs great after starting. Let it run over 30 mins. Hard to start even when its hot??? Could it be still air in the lines ???? Tkk tommy

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How is the blow-by coming out of the valve cover, light or heavy?
Check the resistance on each of the glow plugs when they are disconnected.
Any smoke at startup and color?
Any smoke while running and color?
How is the power when it's running?

Hard cold start: bad/weak glow plugs, low compression, bad injectors, bad injector pump, bad lift pump, bad filter (fuel and/or air), misadjusted or worn valve train.

Hard warm start: low compression, bad injectors (any smoke while running and color?), bad injector pump, misadjusted or worn valve train.

Last edited:

wapiti39

Equipment
Dec 10, 2012
Meridian, Id
Just a quick note in regards in case anyone is Interested, the compression is low and a rebuild is required. I am going to sell this tractor and Loader if anyone is interested please make an offer. Thank you to everyone for the assistance through this process all along the way, Greatly appreciated.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Starter turning fast enough? Slow or dragging starter will probably not fire an engine.

Interlocks have been mentioned but there are a bunch of them on these critters, missing one will make it not work. I'd say do exactly what you did when you pull started it. Ask the previous owner if he did something special to get it started (you have no idea if he's installed some other switch or modification that is preventing it).

Seafoam is a brand name for a cleaner and it's awesome stuff. I've had it nearly resurrect an engine I thought was near dead and I'd tried 3 other cleaners in it. I swear by it now. Half a can in the oil, half in the fuel. Do an early oil change and watch all the garbage come out. Run half a can in each of 3 full tanks and it will clean everything out. After that, if your tractor is pre 2007, run a 1 oz to 1 gallon mix of 2 cycle oil in a tank and it will re-lube everything. Some keep mixing the oil in to make up for the lack of lubrications in the low sulphur fuels. I think the farm diesel is still normal stuff though... but that may vary by location, you'd have to check.