New member B2650 question

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
Just bought a 2013 b2650 today. I had to drive 3 hours to get it. Ran great the entire time I tested everything at the guys house. I get home and after about 10 minutes it stalls out and runs rough when I restart it. Seems fuel related, I add a few gallons of diesel but no luck. Did I adjitat the fuel or something? Not sure what to check first. Thanks for any help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Welcome to the forum

I would start with the fuel filter - I would replace it.

Watch this video and see if it helps

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Did it idle down and then die, or shut off quickly? Any other clues? Maybe unscrew the fuel cap and see it it runs longer.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I'm thinking the three hour trip stirred up a lot of sediment. Definitely start with the fuel filter. Let us know how it works out.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It idled down then died.
Fuel is being cut off, probably some crud in the tank.
Replace filter, if that doesn't fix it, you'll need to dive into it further.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The seller might have done it and forgotten to tell you so. If it were mine, I would get one of those self-starting siphon tubes and start siphoning the fuel out of the tank. Put a piece of cheesecloth on the end where the fuel is going into the tank you are draining into. If you find any crud in the cheesecloth then that will tell you there is dirt in the tank. It might be something large enough to block the line, and that will require the removal of the tank to get whatever is blockage is.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
No it didnt, i didnt know there was one, is that the problem?
There may be some confusion here…

Look for some sort of valve (petcock) between the tank out and the filter. I don’t see one on the illustrated parts list but it might have been added to shut the fuel off.

or

Look for the method the tractor is shut down. Is it turn key off and tractor dies or some lever is moved and tractor dies? Is that method working correctly?

The overall issue seems to be fuel supply to the injection pump so start looking at how the fuel supply gets fuel from tank to the injection pump and see how much fuel is available by removing the ends of fuel lines to see if you have good fuel flow. It is messy if you are not careful about how you do it (drain into clean bucket, be able to stop the flow with tube clamp pliers…)

You can also see if the tank is not venting properly by leaving the fill cap loose. But keep something on the tank fill so debris doesn’t get into the tank.

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
Thanks for the reply guys, I won't have achance now to look at it until late tonight, but I will have all day tomorrow to work on. I'll post pictures and results of what I find.

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
Update, it runs. Bought a new fuel filter and orings. Siphon the diesel from the tank, and it looked pretty clean. A couple of small pieces of debris in the paint filter i used to filter the diesel before going in the fuel can.. Pulled fuel line from the tank to the filter housing, and it was just trickling out. I blew air through it, and then fuel was pouring out. Something is in the tank. I replaced the fuel filter and started up, and it runs.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Update, it runs. Bought a new fuel filter and orings. Siphon the diesel from the tank, and it looked pretty clean. A couple of small pieces of debris in the paint filter i used to filter the diesel before going in the fuel can.. Pulled fuel line from the tank to the filter housing, and it was just trickling out. I blew air through it, and then fuel was pouring out. Something is in the tank. I replaced the fuel filter and started up, and it runs.
Great news! Glad it was a simple fix.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Plan on pulling the tank and cleaning it completely or that clog will return, and usually at the most inconvenient time.

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
Just used it to move all the attachments around and it's running great. The only other issue is the HST pedal does not return to center. I checked all linkage and it looks cleaned, lubed and move freely. Looks like there is a hydraulic cylinder, small shock, connected to the linkage, is that for centering the pedal?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just used it to move all the attachments around and it's running great. The only other issue is the HST pedal does not return to center. I checked all linkage and it looks cleaned, lubed and move freely. Looks like there is a hydraulic cylinder, small shock, connected to the linkage, is that for centering the pedal?
That is somewhat like a shock absorber - when you release the pedal, it slowly returns to neutral rather than stopping you abruptly. Believe me when I say some older models did NOT have that and if you raised your foot off the pedal it would jerk you forward or backwards violently!

As wolfman said - that plug in the tank will surely come back - so be prepared to remove it sometime WHEN you have the time.

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
I will definitely pull the tank as soon as I have a chance. Hopefully it's not to hard to get out. I changed the engine oil today, T6 rotella 5w-40 and a kubota filter. I also fixed the pedal not returning to center. It was the shaft that the pedal pivots on. It was dirty and a little rusty. I cleaned it up and coated it with fluid film and now it's super smooth and returns to center!