New lift kit

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
You can see where the lift arm is rubbing against the tractor and if I continue then Im afraid I will have serious problems soon. Im going to replace the lift arm pin plate assembly that is pictured as well for both sides but...
Looking for a complete after market lift arm kit for my L245. I checked out the original factory replacements but they are just a bit high in cost imo.
I would like to stay under 300 dollars or close if possible.
Any personal experiences with these would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Is the lift arm hitting where you have the red box? It looks like a chip of the casting is missing and maybe a crack in the casting, but my monitor may be too small for a real eye ball!

If there is interference with the existing lift arm, I would take a grinder and do some modifications before purchasing a new setup. The new one could be the same or worse with the interference.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Is the lift arm hitting where you have the red box? It looks like a chip of the casting is missing and maybe a crack in the casting, but my monitor may be too small for a real eye ball!

If there is interference with the existing lift arm, I would take a grinder and do some modifications before purchasing a new setup. The new one could be the same or worse with the interference.
Sorry for the poor quality picture.
There doesnt seem to be any cracks when I look.
The spot in the red box was already indented for clearance from the factory but the wear and slack from both the ball and the pin have exceeded that clearance and has allowed the ball socket end to touch and rub. I could grind the lift arm but the entire lift arm system is pretty loose and needs replaced imo.
I might have to take another look and reassess based on your suggestion
Thanks.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I just checked the lift arms, ball sockets, slack, etc...without anything attached and no doubt I need to replace the lift arms and other hardware.
Goodness it has a lot of slack imo.
I thought there would be more purchasing options for wear items such as these.
I know they dont get replaced as often as other regular maintenance items but if I intend on keeping the tractor, and I do, then I was hoping for more options.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I made a set of arms for my tractor, bought the ball end in a plate and welded it to flat bar. Other end got quick attatchment connectors.
To purchase lift arms, there are likely no aftermarket parts so dealer is probably your only choice. In hindsight, i would have just repaired my existing arms.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I made a set of arms for my tractor, bought the ball end in a plate and welded it to flat bar. Other end got quick attatchment connectors.
To purchase lift arms, there are likely no aftermarket parts so dealer is probably your only choice. In hindsight, i would have just repaired my existing arms.
I will definitely keep that in mind.
I did find these... https://www.compactractorparts.com/tractor-parts/hitch-kits
Im not sure if they are worth a hoot but for the price I might find out.
Thanks for the extra option.