New here and have MX 5000 Question

sharris

Equipment
m6800sdc
Aug 26, 2009
columbia,tn
Need help dont know if is is normal but when cuting hay last wek noticed the hyd lines going to loader were hot not warm hot then checked filter it too was hotter then I thought it should be .Any thing I can check just put on new filtres from kubota dealer fluid is full in sight glass need advice were to look next from here oris it just normal

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Sight glass is full? should only be half way full, in other words oil level is in the center of the bubble. Old rule of thumb is if you can hold a bare hand on the return filter for at least 4 seconds thats normal heat, if you have to pull back after only 1 second that too hot for an open center hydraulic system. If this is the case your making heat from an internal restriction in the system. (stuck spool in a valve body) I don't own a MX5000 but Howie my neighbor does and I can tell you his don't get that hot. Also too much oil will make heat too but it should blow out the case vent before it gets as hot as your are talking. Take a IR heat gun and look for hot spots every place hydraulic fluid can circulate. You will find a stuck valve that way too. :)

sharris

Equipment
m6800sdc
Aug 26, 2009
columbia,tn
Thanks sight glass is alitlt above haft . I have a friend to check with his heat gun noticed yesterday heard a funny sound coming from the vale by the filter too . So that might be it will check:)