need some help

Lee Wilson

Equipment
L2605DT
Aug 11, 2009
Bend, Or. Deschutes
Yes - I am glade I found you -- anyway, we purchased a Kubota, 4 wheel drive (older) that we would like to obtain manuals both parts and service - where do we go for that info? Any info that will show us anything in particular we should know. It has the #s L2605 DT; V1502 - L and 26 PS. I understand that it is a 'gray market' tractor. We have been using it on our small farm and now it is in need of some repairs.
>
> The left front hub started to leak fluid (visual on the outside of the hub)-- we are assuming that the seal needs to be replaced. So how big of a job is this and how do we go about it? We will do the work..just need advise
>
> We live in Oregon - any good resourses for us??
>
>
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated..
>
> Lee A. Wilson
>
>

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to the forum Lee! Vic one of our Moderators will see your post and probably come up with some ideas. I think this is an almost mirror image of the L2600DT V1500 three cylinder liquid cooled diesel engine gear tractor. We will find something to help you with stay tuned Sir...:)

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ob1, how many of those seals have you replaced over the years!

I'm at a bit of a loss for a parts manual for the L2605, we'll have to do a bit of digging, but I'm thinking Ob1 may be on track.

Vic the only ones I've replaced had shockloaded spindles or cracked housings. They are the new type poly-carbonate seals with no preload on the seal retainer. If the leak is a mist I recommend a heavy gear oil replacing the UDT loaded at the plant for wet shipped tractors. Brake squawk no big deal compared to tear down ;)

Lee Wilson

Equipment
L2605DT
Aug 11, 2009
Bend, Or. Deschutes
Thanks for the responds - I live about 5 hrs from our property - I get down to the project about once a month. The info you sent will give me a start. When I get back I will let you know what I have learned.

thanks

And 'May the Force be with all of you'

Lee