Need help with RCK60B-22BX MMM repair

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I have a 2004 Kubota BX23 that came with a 60" MMM. I've had this since 2020 with no issues. Yesterday, when I engaged the mower, I heard all kinds of racket so of course I quickly turned everything off to figure out what in the world was happening. The mower blade, pulley and parts on the right side had come off! The blade was still attached to the spindle but the dust cap was off and the pulley was still hanging on to the belt. I didn't see any CIR clips or oil seal but I could see the bearing that looked OK, still lots of grease, etc

I put the thing back together best I could figure, greased it up again and did the mowing. Everything seemed to work fine. BUT, out of curiosity, I checked the diagram on Messick's site and it appears that there is an oil seal and CIR clips in their diagram. (I can't seem to cut/paste that diagram to insert here). So, I've since ordered the seal and clips but I don't remember seeing any spot where a CIR clip would go....no indentation to hold it is what I mean. Plus, it appears the seal goes on top of the bearing, but I'm surprised I didn't see a remnant of the seal somewhere. If there were clips, they could have been thrown out when it came apart and not noticeable on the grass at the moment.

Would someone confirm that the seal goes on top of the bearing...holding the grease in, I presume...but where would the CIR clips go? The whole mechanism seem tight when I put it back together and as I mowed, there was no odd sound or wobbling of that pulley.

Thanks for the help.

Here's the link to the diagram...which I could cut/paste it.

Tractor Gal.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have the exact same deck on my BX2200. A year or two ago I changed the bearings in one of the outside spindles. There is a seal on the top and the bottom, but there were no circlips used.

I bought a kit off eBay that contained two seals, two bearings and two circlips. I still have the circlips because they weren’t used Initially. I bought the tractor new with the deck so I know no one has been in there before.

Hope this helps…

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I have the exact same deck on my BX2200. A year or two ago I changed the bearings in one of the outside spindles. There is a seal on the top and the bottom, but there were no circlips used.

I bought a kit off eBay that contained two seals, two bearings and two circlips. I still have the circlips because they weren’t used Initially. I bought the tractor new with the deck so I know no one has been in there before.

Hope this helps…
Helps a lot, Henro. Two seals? Maybe the one on the bottom is still in place on my mower. Anyway, I did order 2 seals just in case another of those went bad! Thanks a lot. I'll be fixing that when the new parts come and won't need to mow prior. Hopefully, operating without the seal on top of the bearing hasn't hurt. Guess we'll see!

TG