My rear remote installation

meridien

Equipment
2017 L3301HST, LA525, RCR1260
Aug 11, 2021
SE Indiana
I installed 3 rear remotes on my 2017 L3301 with help from TheOldHokie. I ordered top and tilt cylinders from Fit-Rite, and bought a set of sectional valves from Dan. I decided to mount the valves behind the seat, using the ROPS to support the outside end. I used one of the blind nuts that was used for the original toolbox to support the inner end, and didn't have to drill anything on the tractor to mount the valves. As you'll see in the photos that follow, I still have to bend the valve levers to the right, so that they can be more easily reached from the seat.

The mounting plate was a piece of 1/2" plate steel roughly 15" by 6". A bit more substantial than would really be needed, but it was what I had available. I cut the right side to match the ROPS tubing. Drilled 4 holes for the square U bolts with a mag drill, and welded on a small piece of angle iron to line up with the leftmost blind nut on the crossbar. I did a trial fit of the sectional valve and then drilled 3 holes to mount it, again with the mag drill. 2 coats of primer followed by Kubota orange paint and it was done.

My plan from the beginning was to mount the couplers directly to the sectional valve, saving 4 sets of hoses and fittings and hopefully removing multiple places where leaks could occur. Since the sections were too close together to allow the couplers to mount with straight fittings, I used 90 degree fittings. The center section uses straight fittings. The outer 2 valves have float positions, the center one does not.

I made 4 hoses to connect to the tractor hydraulic system. One went from the loader valve PB output to the sectional valve input, another went from the sectional valve PB output back to the manifold. I used a tee on the manifold at the tank return line and made 2 hoses, one from the sectional valve and the second from the loader valve. That wrapped up the hydraulic plumbing.

The hoses that came with the Fit-Rite cylinders were a little longer than needed, but they don't pinch with 3pt hitch movement so there's no reason to shorten them.

The hoses are connected to the valve such that the right valve controls the tilt, when the lever is down the cylinder extends, when it is up the cylinder retracts. The left valve controls the top link, when it is down the cylinder extends, and when it is up the cylinder retracts. They work smoothly and no binding of the hoses.

I topped up the hydraulic fluid after operating the cylinders through their full travel about a dozen times to purge the air from the system. So far, no leaks.

Hopefully the photos will show you how it was done, except bending the valve levers which I haven't yet finished. I'll answer questions as best I can.

I knew literally nothing about hydraulics and did a lot of reading and asking questions before I leapt into this project. Including the cylinders, sectional valve, and hoses/fittings, I'm about $1700 into the project.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

meridien

Equipment
2017 L3301HST, LA525, RCR1260
Aug 11, 2021
SE Indiana
There is enough clearance between the filter and the hoses to change it without having to disconnect anything. The sectional valve output was SAE 10, I used a reducer to SAE 8 so that all hoses had straight SAE 8 connectors. There is a right angle fitting on the PB return to the manifold.

One of the more frustrating tasks was to slide the burst protection sleeve over the hoses. After a fair number of expletives I got that done. I have some clamps to hold the hoses clear of the right rear tire and guide them back and up to the sectional valve.

2 hoses were removed, one from the loader PB out that went to the manifold, and one from the loader return to tank that also went to the manifold.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your installation looks nice. Can you get cable control levers for that valve? The handle mounts remotely from the valve and there is a cable that operate the valve.

I see that your top cylinder has the fittings on the top instead of the side, same as mine.

I will warn you to verify that raising the 3 point hitch all the way doesn’t get that fitting into danger of damage. The angle will be worst when the tractor end of the top link is in the bottom hole.

I had used a hose end with the 90 degree elbow similar to what is shown below. It was severely damaged by raising the hitch in my installaton. I neglected to move everything through its full range by hand before using the hydraulics. I don’t see the same problem with your fittings but you might want to verify there is no interference.
IMG_0186.png