My new (used) Kubota L3200

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
First of all I want to thank all of you guys who have helped me on my journey of buying a used Kubota L3200. I finally did it and I am a proud owner. And I traveled to France to get one!
Attached find the picture. It has only 260 working hours and general it looks real good. I am worried a bit about one detail. I have noticed that paint is missing on the bolts connecting front axle case and bevel gear case on the right front wheel. You can see it on the images. The seller didn't know anything about it because he also bought used. Do you have any idea why would someone want to open this during lifetime of only ccs 200 hours? Should I be worried about this or it just might be the case that someone wanted to tighten the bolts? But its just on one wheel side.

Another thing is that tires are pretty worn out. Especially the front tires. The guy said its because tractor has been run a lot on asphalt dragging trailer. Is this normal after 260 hours? Best wishes, and thanks once again.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Looks very nice. Congrats!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What a nice tractor! (y)

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I have noticed that paint is missing on the bolts connecting front axle case and bevel gear case on the right front wheel. You can see it on the images. The seller didn't know anything about it because he also bought used. Do you have any idea why would someone want to open this during lifetime of only ccs 200 hours? Should I be worried about this or it just might be the case that someone wanted to tighten the bolts? But its just on one wheel side.
If Kubota shipped your tractor the same as my L2501 , purchased new in 2019, the right front axle assembly is not attached. The dealer is responsible for installing and filling the front axle with the correct amount of fluid. My tractor looked the same with paint missing off those bolts.

There are many threads and posts on double checking the fluid level as some dealers when setting these tractors up did not correctly fill or even fill period with the proper oil.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
If Kubota shipped your tractor the same as my L2501 , purchased new in 2019, the right front axle assembly is not attached. The dealer is responsible for installing and filling the front axle with the correct amount of fluid. My tractor looked the same with paint missing off those bolts.

There are many threads and posts on double checking the fluid level as some dealers when setting these tractors up did not correctly fill or even fill period with the proper oil.
Thanks a ton. You eased my mind. You are probably right. I just looked at assembly instructions I got with the tractor and it shows this detail you are talking about. Initially apparently there was only a plate covering the front axle case. Then the plate gets removed and bevel gear case gets screwed on.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Thanks a ton. You eased my mind. You are probably right. I just looked at assembly instructions I got with the tractor and it shows this detail you are talking about. Initially apparently there was only a plate covering the front axle case. Then the plate gets removed and bevel gear case gets screwed on.
Your welcome and nice tractor!

Any chance you could take a picture of that part of the assembly instructions and post it here? I would love to have it for my files. At one time I found an online picture of some L frames, can not tell you the model for sure , on crates and it was evident that they were shipped with the bevel gear case un-attached.

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota L3200
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Your welcome and nice tractor!

Any chance you could take a picture of that part of the assembly instructions and post it here? I would love to have it for my files. At one time I found an online picture of some L frames, can not tell you the model for sure , on crates and it was evident that they were shipped with the bevel gear case un-attached.
Thanks ! Here you go.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
First of all I want to thank all of you guys who have helped me on my journey of buying a used Kubota L3200. I finally did it and I am a proud owner. And I traveled to France to get one!
Attached find the picture. It has only 260 working hours and general it looks real good. I am worried a bit about one detail. I have noticed that paint is missing on the bolts connecting front axle case and bevel gear case on the right front wheel. You can see it on the images. The seller didn't know anything about it because he also bought used. Do you have any idea why would someone want to open this during lifetime of only ccs 200 hours? Should I be worried about this or it just might be the case that someone wanted to tighten the bolts? But its just on one wheel side.

Another thing is that tires are pretty worn out. Especially the front tires. The guy said its because tractor has been run a lot on asphalt dragging trailer. Is this normal after 260 hours? Best wishes, and thanks once again.
A VERY nice looking machine!
I have a 2006 Kubota, with 261 hours, and while mine is nice, mine does not look as sharp and new as yours.
Congratulations!