My New Computer came with AI

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My new computer came with Artificial Intelligence, which I have no need for. I did ask it a question to see how well it works.
Me: If I pick up a bottle on the beach and a genie appears what should I ask for?
Copilot:
Ah, the classic genie-in-a-bottle scenario! 🧞‍♂️ While I can’t guarantee that any wishes will be granted, here are a few ideas for what you might ask for:
  1. Wisdom: Request profound knowledge and insight. Imagine having the answers to life’s greatest mysteries or understanding the universe’s deepest secrets.
  2. Kindness: Wish for a world where compassion and empathy prevail. Imagine a planet where everyone treats each other with kindness and respect.
  3. Health and Longevity: Ask for perfect health and a long, fulfilling life. You could specify that you want to remain youthful and vibrant for as long as you desire.
  4. Love: Wish for true love or a soulmate. Imagine finding someone who understands you completely and shares your journey through life.
  5. Wealth: Request financial abundance. You could ask for enough resources to pursue your dreams, help others, and live comfortably.
  6. Adventure: Wish for exciting experiences and thrilling adventures. Imagine exploring hidden realms, discovering lost cities, or embarking on epic quests.
Remember, though, that genies often have a way of twisting wishes, so be careful with your wording! 😉

The following is the conversation between me and the genie:

"I can grant you one wish." "Well," says I, "I have never been too fond of flying, so could you make a highway from California to Hawaii?" The genie says, "Do you know how much of my power that would take?" The man says, "Okay, I have never really understood women, so could you make that happen?" The genie says, "You want that highway two lane or four lane?"

Now for the truth. I can't find how to turn the computer off in Windows 11! Windows 11 is nothing like Windows 10, and I was extremely fond of Windows 7, but time marches on. Can someone give me a hint! thanks

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I have been declining the Windows 11 update. Will not install until MS stops support for Windows 10.
Yeah, Win 7 was a great system that didn't hog up too many resources. I've had 3.1, 95, 95 NT, 98, ME (terrible), 7, 8 (terrible), now on 10.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you don't like 11, uninstall it, reformat the HD, install windows 10, then install 'stopupdates'.
Problem solved.
Win98SE was the last GOOD version of Windows for me ,as it gave ME direct access to comports and ran QB45. Since then, it's all been bloatware.

Running Win10 (forced into that ) but I do have a standalone version of Excel installed, something the internet says cannot be done....

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You should have asked the genie for that! :ROFLMAO:

Your wish is granted!

Alt ctrl del. The on bottom right is the power icon
Thank you gentlemen. I have mastered the task of shutting it down using the ctrl/alt/del combination to get to the power setting. There is noting on the lower right hand corner.
I am going to see if they will take it back and install Windows 10 on it per my order request. I have been buying computers from this company for over 10 years, and recently the Sales Manager moved on. The fellow that has taken his place can't hold a candle to his predecessor. His predecessor always took notes about the order and even if I didn't order it that week, he could always go back to his notes for what we had discussed and pick up from there. The new fellow forgets what he was doing when he leaves for the day, and has no recollection of what he discussed with the customer the day before. I attribute it to the "work ethic".

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Right click on the bar at the bottom and select task bar settings, you can shut off copilot and other features there.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Right click on the bar at the bottom and select task bar settings, you can shut off copilot and other features there.
Thanks, I will give it a try if I can get my wife off of it. She plays word games like Scrabble with a bunch of different people. She was lost without the computer for the past week and is burning up the keyboard to make up for the time missed.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Be patient and hang in there with Win 11. Win10 will not be supported next year and it will go the way of Win 8, 7, Vista, XP, NT, 98, 95 and 3.0 to OS heaven.
The best OS was Windows 9, not a single complaint ever. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, I will give it a try if I can get my wife off of it. She plays word games like Scrabble with a bunch of different people. She was lost without the computer for the past week and is burning up the keyboard to make up for the time missed.
I just bought 2 new computers, one was a micro computer, I have to say I'm super impressed with it!
More power and speed than I ever would have expected from a $200 micro computer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
'support' is a myth
Providing the OS does what's required when installed, there's no need for 'support'. I haven't patched let alone upgraded my Win10 from day one. It still does what it should. ZERO issues.The only updates I get are for the virus,browser and email programs
My 98SE machines still function 100% and when did 'support' for them stop? Decades ago or more ?
Also have some Win3.11 CD/floppies here ,BNIB too !

Sidekick

Equipment
RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Don't worry Win 12 will fix everything soon ;):D:rolleyes:. I like Win 11 and have 4 machines running it with no problems at all so far. DOS and ATI video drivers was a nightmare. Still have 2 XP machines running for old CNC equipment that need parallel ports.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Friend has sign business, WIN10 updated overnight, trashed his one Roland $$$$ printer. Called Roalnd Canada, yeah, 'known ' issue guy talked him how to patch,still lost $5K of material/time.
His IT guy will be installing 'stopupates' as everything is networked and he can't 'pull the plug' let the PCs run 'stand alone'.
Have XPpro on my 5K laptop in garage that plays music,rock solid,though I have to blow the dust and grindings off it every 2-3 weeks.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I just bought 2 new computers, one was a micro computer, I have to say I'm super impressed with it!
More power and speed than I ever would have expected from a $200 micro computer.
What brand and model of micro computer? I might be looking for something like that soon.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My new computer came with Artificial Intelligence, which I have no need for.
Now empty out your wallet and photograph everything and post it here. Also post photos of your bank cards and passwords and credit cards and PINs. That's what you agreed to by using A.I. embedded in your system. Don't worry, this site use secure because is uses https.